Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 11-13-2009, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpepper View Post
I put out ALOT!!
WTF!! We haven't even had sex yet and it's been over ten months!! This is fuckin' bullshit!

Some one has to inject some humor into this...and yes, you do put out a lot....yipppppeee!!!

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 11-13-2009, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundedSpirit View Post
In hindsight it seems - without this clarification - this was not a productive topic for the readers here. . . . People who are already poly or poly minded have searched themselves to a degree for answers.
Ya think?

I find it very interesting and significant that that one of your first stated concerns was

Quote:
guys, please don't overwhelm this ! Ladies - we NEED your input & thoughts on this desperately.
Be careful what you wish for. You just may get it.
Old 11-13-2009, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Being the philosophical and research minded people we are, we, whenever possible, take the time to have real in-depth conversations with as many of these people as time permits.
The explanations and reasoning form a VERY obvious pattern.
My brother and his girlfriend are PHD students. behavioral biology. They would laugh in your face at this post... just because YOU have noticed something does not make it a "VERY obvious pattern." Please don't make statements like that without real proof... perhaps you need to start a research proposal that asks the question, "do men resort to bisexuality more often because they aren't getting fucked enough by women?" THEN do REAL research and get back to us.

Quote:
Our only intent in broaching this topic was to try to raise the awareness level, particularly, in the female population, of the true repercussions of their attitudes & actions. To maybe foster a little self analysis by asking the question - "is this the society I would intentionally choose to foster & live in?"

Is this gap to large to bridge ? Do we end up with a world where M/F sex (or any of the other various options MMF etc) exists solely for reproductive purposes ? What do we lose by not stretching ourselves a little to form those bonds and understand each other ?

Wish we could see more activity on this topic............
I am aware that our society is severely screwed, yes... not because of it's women, but because of what people do to each other. We have become a society that wants things "now," is selfish, unempathetic, lazy, ignorant to the world around them, and down right apathetic.

I would in no way say that women are to blame, in fact, if you are having problems with womens attitudes and actions then you might want to take a good hard look at why this comes up for you... why you see this... what has been done to them that they are acting this way. Chances are it's YOU that has the issue and they are reacting because of it... is that not we are doing one here? Is that not what you have caused by telling Ceoli to "shut up you are blocking me from my idealized version of what a woman is???"

As far as stretching those bonds to understand each other... you gotta do better than what you have on here and start doing some real hard work sorting yourself out if you want MY respect.

For what its worth? in my world? I've had my baby and have no use for reproduction anymore... I am fucking because I love it and the men I have in my life are good to me, treat me right and allow me to treat them right too. If that goes out of line, I won't have them in my life... just as they wouldn't have me in theirs. There is no sexual difference of any kind... we all like fucking as much as the others, we all like closeness as much as the others, we all like doing a variety of things as much as the others. To get back to your original post? There are no differences between men and women as far as sex goes... just differences in character, personality, and life history that bring us to where we are today.

Last edited by redpepper; 11-13-2009 at 05:46 PM.
Old 11-13-2009, 06:48 AM

groundedspirit, now that we have totally lambasted you....

Why are you asking the questions you do? why do you have this view of women and men as being so different in their desire for sex and why do you think that men are looking to other men to fulfill their need? Apart from "you have noticed this to be true"
Old 11-13-2009, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
Some one has to inject some humor into this...and yes, you do put out a lot....yipppppeee!!!
BAHAHAHAHA, yer the best Mono you always know how to lighten the mood when things get too serious.
Old 11-13-2009, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
WTF!! We haven't even had sex yet and it's been over ten months!! This is fuckin' bullshit!

oh you! you make me smile. I love you.
Old 11-13-2009, 12:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpepper View Post
groundedspirit, now that we have totally lambasted you....

Why are you asking the questions you do? why do you have this view of women and men as being so different in their desire for sex and why do you think that men are looking to other men to fulfill their need? Apart from "you have noticed this to be true"
I thought they were pretty clear about it. They seem to think it's because women in our society aren't in touch enough with their sexuality and have bowed to the shackles of repression whereas men haven't. They are trying to liberate society.

Groundedspirit: You may have noticed the strong reaction in this thread. I'm sure you think it's because you put this to the wrong audience or because people just can't seem to grasp the advanced concepts you're putting out there, but you would be wrong. It's because of HOW you decided to carry out this conversation. You had no interest in listening to any points that didn't line up with what you think should have been said about the topic. You had no interest in exploring the fact that most of us think (and pretty much know) that your initial premise is flawed (And this ISN'T about being scientific- it's about having CLEAR reasoning). Instead of examining that premise you got defensive and refused to have an actual exchange of ideas about that (because that's not what you wanted to talk about). And honestly, you showed your true colors when you decided to characterize me with the word "femi-nazi" over PM (even if you stuck a little grin next to it). Perhaps you are not so far ahead of the curve as you perceive yourselves to be. Perhaps you would be better off actually ACTIVELY listening to the issues raised in this thread instead of dismissing them. Perhaps you would benefit from little more humility when approaching conversations like this.

Last edited by Ceoli; 11-13-2009 at 12:31 PM.
Old 11-13-2009, 01:22 PM
Custodian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceoli View Post

Perhaps you would be better off actually ACTIVELY listening to the issues raised in this thread instead of dismissing them. Perhaps you would benefit from little more humility when approaching conversations like this.
Srsly. It's supposed to be all about the JOURNEY, not just the destination.
Old 11-13-2009, 03:22 PM

FEMI-NAZI? Oh no they didn't! *snap!*

Ceoli, you deserve infinitely more respect and consideration than GroundedSpirit has exhibited. For many, many reasons, but especially in this case for taking the time to engage in an open, honest discussion of this very important and sometimes sensitive issue. As one of the people who have benefitted from the depth of experience and wisdom you've shared on these boards, I want to thank you for being here. Your insight, wisdom and experience are an ongoing source of inspiration to me, and to many others.

GroundedSpirit: you owe Ceoli an apology. And you owe yourself an attitude adjustment. You seem to me to be encouraging the ladies here at the forum to express our thoughts and opinions as long as they agree with yours, and as long as we're willing to STFU when you tell us to. This is an open forum and a community of EQUALS. Deal with it.
Old 11-13-2009, 03:37 PM

It seems to me he owes us all an apology at this point. Certainly Ceoli!

An apology and an explanation as I am stunned that in this day and age there still exsists such women haters! I thought we were over all that (Its like someone has just dropped in from another century). At least enough that men keep their misogynistic crap to themselves and their buddies around the bar! Maybe I am na´ve... Probably.

I'd like to know who this "we" is and what the other half has to say as this seems rather one sided? If it is a woman that is your "we" does she know she is being represented in this way? What's the story here?

Last edited by redpepper; 11-13-2009 at 05:57 PM.

Tags
assumptions about sex, lube, sex, the sexual component, women and sex