Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-10-2012, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamOFWdating View Post
I enjoyed reading your post! You're such a good sport! Let them happy, try to find new love. Being in that situation is hard, so try to put your attention to others.
Thanks! I actually do have another serious partner and, happily, I also have a very active life in general, so I'm not focused on this aspect of my situation all the time by any means. I used to dwell a lot more than I do now, as some of my older posts may attest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rory View Post
It seems that you really got to talk! That's good. I really admire how you take into account Eric's personality and boundaries even as you dream about more involvement. I think as long as it isn't a need for you, but a want, you aren't selling yourself short, and you are accepting and respecting him as he is. That isn't always so easy, but I find it to be essential in loving relationships (whether romantic or not).
Thanks, R. I feel lucky that I came along at a point when he understood himself enough to communicate what he's about, their ex Jen came along before he had that level of self-knowledge and that seems to have caused the lion's share of their problems. The trick for me is to try to assess and make sure I'm not letting what I know of him just give me an excuse to be timid (i.e. "Oh, he wouldn't go for this anyway, so I don't need to open myself to scary rejection by asking"... when maybe he would). I think I'm walking the right side of that line, but at times I haven't been so sure.

Tags
bisexual, boundaries, mono/poly, pregnancy, secondary, unrequited, vee