Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-07-2012, 06:10 PM
Question Our first open discussion on going poly...

I talked to my fiance just moments ago and told him that on my road to self discovery, it would help if he found a girlfriend.

He wasn't comfortable with the idea, but was willing to give it a try. Questions and Answers later, he found himself at the, "at some point, are you going to want to 'connect' with someone too?" and then shut the whole thing down because the thought of me with another man sickens him. I told him that would be a non-issue for now, and we would go at his pace and just start with him having other relationships.

We're going to talk later, and I don't know if it will be the beginning of a new experience, a standstill, or the end of our relationship. I'm not trying to push him into letting me do anything. At this point, I want him to understand my feelings towards monogamy and maybe experience polygamy for himself so he can see that when falling in love, it doesn't have to be limited to two people.

In the meantime, I'll consider becoming bisexual because he's not threatened by anyone without a penis. I don't dislike women, I'm just afraid of vaginas.. I wouldn't know what to do if faced with one (Pun Intended!)

Any advice on how the follow-up conversation should go? No, he won't read any books or articles. He'd prefer I just talk to him and he'll just.... who knows....

coming out, coming out poly, communication, dating, disclosure, help sought, ldr, long distance love, new and confused, new to poly