Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 01-03-2012, 09:30 PM

haha thats funny. but no, hes not ok with another man. and I dont want another guy either. i want my man and a woman.
Old 01-04-2012, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffnmeg View Post
but every time we meet a girl, it seems shes interested in both of us at first untill we try to set a date with her, and then she reveals that she is only interested in me.
Quote:
ALL women in this area seem to be bi and interested in the both of us when they are drinking and around other guys but later on when sober and on a "date" with us they confess they are strait and not into a threesome.
Wait, what? Which is it?
Old 01-04-2012, 02:19 PM

both are true. shes interested in both of us at first but either when we try to set a date or AT the date, she then makes it clear shes either strait (which means she doesnt want a threesome) or shes only interested in me (the woman).
Old 01-04-2012, 03:31 PM

Gotcha. So, in the cases where the woman turns out to be straight, is she interested in your husband, or actually just interested in hanging and being friends (I assume someone wouldn't agree to a date if they just didn't like either of you period) and not interested in sex with either of you at all?
Old 01-04-2012, 03:57 PM

well thats the wierd part too... it turns out that they arent interested in either of us. this is the scenario.... were at the bar, having a few drinks, when a woman seems to be into the both of us and she starts kissing me a little and the next day we set up a date. just before the date or at the date she confesses that she is straight and not actually interested in either of us..... I DONT GET IT! then why were u kissing me? (i think because other guys were watching) and why did you say you wanted the both of us at the bar? (because the other guys that were watching probably thought it was cool) so it seems to me that we get used as bait for her to get some other guy.
Old 01-04-2012, 04:29 PM

Huh. I guess the bar scene is just really not the way to go in this scenario. I would agree with the other posters that you might do well to 1) focus on forging new friendships rather than finding new sex partners (I've met lotsa people I ended up getting involved with as friends first, or through friends) and 2) to loosen up your ideas of what you're looking for and consider dating separately and letting a three-person situation find you if it finds you. It's a nice idea, but there's a million and one problems with setting out with that as your only goal. It's a lot of pressure on any new person to feel like they need to like both of you equally.
Old 01-04-2012, 06:24 PM

What was his dating history before finding the love of his life? I meant you, meg. ...just to be clear.

Was it easy or a struggle ?
Old 01-04-2012, 08:37 PM

Quote:
this is the scenario.... were at the bar, having a few drinks, when a woman seems to be into the both of us and she starts kissing me a little and the next day we set up a date. just before the date or at the date she confesses that she is straight and not actually interested in either of us..... I DONT GET IT! then why were u kissing me?
Oh, yeah, the "I only kiss other chicks when I'm drunk" brand of getting other people's attention in a bar. Yep, there are straight women who do that, just to be titillating and have the kind of fun they normally wouldn't let themselves have. They might just be curious about what being with another chick would be like but never have any intention to follow through "for real."

I would agree that meeting women in bars (especially late into the evening when much alcohol has been consumed) is not the best option for you. If I were you two, I'd go out and meet people doing other activities you enjoy, build friendships, and see what happens.

Another option is online dating - do you have profiles on OKCupid? It's a very popular site with polyfolk (free to join), and I believe you can have one profile as a couple if you want.

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 01-05-2012, 03:21 AM

no we dont have a profile on that site but i think we will make one. thanks for the info. lol im not looking for someone seperate from him although im ok with him finding someone just for himself. (i know its an odd situation but its how i like it) and he has had a few girlfriends in the past but they were dumb bitches.. and i realy do mean dumb! my grammar and spelling is sometimes bad but compared to me, they are like 5yr olds....
Old 01-14-2012, 01:51 AM

so we now have a profile on okcupid together but no ones even replied to any of our messages so ive talked to jeff about me making my own profile and doing what some of you have suggested (me meetting women on my own and they seeing if we can work it into a 3 way relationship) but i almost feel like im tricking people. like im leading them on to think that ill be with them on my own without jeff which i wont do.