Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 12-30-2011, 12:35 AM

Post Hello from Florida

Hi Everyone,

I joined this board on behalf of my husband and myself. We have been married for 10 years, known each other going on 20 years. We are best friends, and amazingly we have dodged some very tough times in our marriage. A marriage takes a lot of love, but I firmly believe that when you are so angry/hurt that you would walk away from romantic love, a loving friendship can keep you ready to fight for a solution. That is what has happened in our marriage. Our friendship saved us.

So, what are we doing here? We have, over the course of several years, discovered that we are both open to the idea of more love. We embrace the idea of love expanding as you add more people, instead of a finite amount that must be divided. The sexual aspects are (believe it or not) the easiest to sort out. He and I are not always compatible in our desires. Sometimes yes, but sometimes there are other needs we want filled. For example, I am attracted to women. My experiences with women are very limited, but I can hardly explore that part of my desires with my DH.

The other aspects of a poly relationship appeal just as much as the sexual, but we have yet to apply any actual experience to those thoughts.

So, here we are. Ready to learn more and connect with others who do not think we are sex-crazed freaks or immoral heathens.

Perhaps I should have included more "stats" in this intro, but I'm sure there will be opportunities to share our favorite foods and pet peeves.

We look forward to getting to know others in the forum.
Old 12-31-2011, 08:37 AM

Welcome to the Forum.

-Imaginary Illusion

How did I get here & Where am I going?
Old 12-31-2011, 12:21 PM

Hi,

Welcome to this forum. I know there's a few more of us rattling around in the Tampa Bay area on here and there is a group that meets although I have not attended myself. You can get plenty of support here in the forum. Take care and welcome.
Old 12-31-2011, 02:13 PM

In fact, one of my favorite tribes lives in Oldsmar... They were the first to use "OSO" --other significant other... referring to a metamor. -- well, the first group I heard using it...

PolyTampa meetings are monthly. Meetings are held on the third Sunday of every month from 7-9 pm, barring a holiday, in which case they will be the following Sunday. in the meeting room at TGI Friday's, 2501 E. Fowler Avenue, Tampa, FL 33612. This is across from the east end of University Square Mall. Food service starts at 6:30.

On the Second Thursday of each month, in the same location is the Bound to Love group... This is a discussion of Poly and Kink.. ..if that's your cup of tea.

Either way, it is a good way to learn about Poly... the good, the bad, the NRE (New Relationship Energy)..
Old 05-23-2013, 05:28 AM

Default Invite

I wanted to take the time to invite you to a
Meet and greet on thurs June 13th noon till ? Cypress Point Park , Potluck , soft drinks provided . There's is a beach so towels and swim wear suggested. Picnic blanket and chairs are good idea as well . Please Skype me see profile pic for Skype info . ---!!' FAMILY FRIENDLY '!!---. seeking like minded ppl for fun and friendship

Tags
intro, introduction, married