Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Dating & Friendships > North America

Notices

Old 12-29-2011, 10:25 PM

Default Pennsylvania Couple Has Polyamorous Epiphany

So I may have been looking for a creative title :-) It is true though.

My husband and I have been trying for years to define as best we could how we feel about relationships with others. We weren't ones to have a bunch of acquaintances / casual friends and could never figure out why. We knew we weren't into swinging since we can't get into physical relationships if there isn't a mental connection (especially in one night!).

I spent some time with another woman but she wasn't into a relationship with someone who was married to a guy. So that wasn't the answer either.

After pinging the internet for months on end - we came across the term polyamory. And there it was - what we were looking for. The kind of relationship with someone that goes much deeper than the causal date and is much more than just intimacy.

So - any other PA people on here that know of this "polyamory" thing

I would love to eventually find a female companion with whom I can share my experiences in this life with.

S&S
Old 02-17-2012, 09:11 PM

Hey, I'm out here in PA too. Feel free to message me to get a discussion going.
Old 02-26-2012, 05:28 PM

Default Poly in PA

We are 30-somethings in SW PA.

I've never really "looked for" relationships/friendships - they just seem to happen to me. So I'm no good on the "how do you find someone" type of questions. But would be happy to discuss poly (or PA...or anything).

I, personally, have never been one to have lots of casual friends/acquaintances either. As an introvert I find that social interactions with people that AREN'T partners or close friends to be emotionally draining. Interestingly, this doesn't apply to posting/interacting in the forums...where I can get my thoughts all organized and typed up
Lotus: poly bi female, "it's complicated" relationships with Dude/JaneQ/MrS
TT: poly bi male, married to Lotus, FB with JaneQ
VV and MsJ: bi-women with male primaries, LTR LDR FWBs to JaneQ

My poly blogs on this site:
The Journey of JaneQSmythe
The Notebook of JaneQSmythe
Old 03-29-2012, 02:34 PM

Default Also looking to expand my poly lifestyle

I am in south jersey close to philly, so I dont know how close you are to philly but we can still chat about poly if you guys are too far!

Katie (whitelettersky): Married 26 yr old and I'm her better third since July 2011

Also looking for a female to turn the "V-relationship" into an "N" or "M" so there is less stress on the tips of the "V"
Old 03-29-2012, 03:56 PM

Pittsburgh and Philadelphia metro areas have large polyamory communities. The best advice for finding local groups is at the bottom of Alan's event list.
Old 05-31-2012, 03:44 AM

Hi, Just Say Neigh,

Loved what you wrote about finding it challenging to connect with someone enough for a physical relationship in one night. As I learn more about poly, the focus on actually forming a relationship with someone is one of the most appealing things. My partner and I had our epiphany recently too, and that's really what it felt like - like all of a sudden a lightbulb went off - maybe we could keep our relationship intact and still develop relationships with people who could bring different energy and qualities to the table. Since you and your husband have a head start on us, I'm curious how it's going for you? We're in SE PA, by the by.
Old 06-07-2012, 09:49 AM

Hello "JSN"

We're near Gettysburg, we have "found" the polyamory approach to be VERY much what we're looking for...sadly we find there are few in our area that view relationships as we do. Good luck in finding the partner(s) you are looking for!
Old 06-20-2012, 05:46 AM

In central PA (York county) area. Poly curious, just getting our feet wet.
Old 07-27-2012, 12:59 PM

Hi. South Central PA here. Also getting our feet wet We are this <-> close to Gettysburg and go there every chance we get!
Old 02-12-2013, 02:20 AM

Welcome to the club!!!! Polyamory hit us very much the same way. We attempted in many ways to find like minded friends but this was difficult. I can assure you that Pittsburgh does NOT have a large organized and active poly community, though there are many poly folks here. We recently learned the importance of a supportive poly community so we are willing to drive to meet people and attend meetings. Anyone anywhere from the middle of PA to the middle of Ohio that is interested in creating such a community, please message us. We need to find and also to give support in this lifestyle.

Best of luck to everyone on their relationships and searching.