Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 12-23-2011, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riftara View Post
I dont want it to look like Im trying to get attention
Is this something they accuse you of often? Some of your comments about your partners concern me. A pregnancy scare can cause serious anxiety without having to worry about your partners turning into assholes. 2-3 weeks of re-playing ALL the "what ifs" can be torture (that's without you bi-polar issue to consider). I like your plan to tell your husband everything immediately and get his opinion of where to go from there.
Old 12-26-2011, 03:31 PM

If a guy is very much not ok with abortion, and does not want kids, then he had better step up and take responsibility for what he can do birth control wise. No guy with attitudes like that would get near me without a condom.

The guys that I know that don't want kids use condoms.

Voluntarily.

Without me asking for it or pushing in any way.

One of they guys ALSO has had a vasectomy, so the condom is really for std protection, but still. I like guys who will take their own steps and not just put all the work, expense, and discomfort on the woman. Not that all kinds of BC are uncomfortable, but, some can be with the implantation or installation, and even BC hormones can mess with your moods and body if you have trouble finding the right one for you.

Also, worrying if it will look like you are just looking for attention is a huge red flag for me. I start wondering what is going on at that point.
Old 12-27-2011, 03:13 PM

How dare this guy judge you for taking control of your own reproductive health? I dislike him already.

I hope you took some Emergency Contraception. Also, I honestly won't judge you for staying silent about this until you can test. If this asshole boyfriend of yours freaks out on you just for taking some herbs, then, in my mind, he's forfeited the right to know what's going on with you during this two week wait to test.

If you're pregnant, of course you'll tell him. But why re-open a stupid argument about what you have the right to do with your own body? Of course you have the right to take the EC pill and herbs, and his opinion about that doesn't matter. Just do it.

I know I've offered a slightly different perspective than the general opinion, here, but I'm genuinely peeved about this guy's unacceptable behaviour.