Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 12-21-2011, 05:50 PM

I wouldn't be ok with a restriction like that. Firstly I'm not entirely sure how you get to sex without kissing, it's kind of a pre-requisite for me. I think without it I would feel like a hired body rather than a sex partner. Secondly personally I'd be much more comfortable with a restriction of no sex rather than of no kissing. Kissing can be a very bonding experience, it can also be fun and playful and it's something that you can do publicly to show that you care about someone. Sex without intimacy is uncomfortable for many poly people. Our relationships are based around love and depth, not just a quick roll in the hay. (Although a quick roll in the hay can be fun too )
Old 12-21-2011, 06:39 PM

i completely agree derby,

that would take away the connection element and just make it a one night stand with no emotions attached. I love to kiss, i think its a very passionate and bonding experience. but that's just my two cents

Last edited by mgreen1104; 12-21-2011 at 07:19 PM.
Old 12-21-2011, 08:47 PM

Troll?

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 12-21-2011, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie View Post
Troll?
That's exactly what I was thinking.

OKC Profile

Blogs:
Mind Crush
sloetry

“Instead of getting better and better at avoiding, learn to accept the present moment as if you had invited it. And work with it instead of against it. And making it your ally rather than your enemy.”
-Pema Chodron
Old 12-22-2011, 12:40 AM

No, that's me.... oh wait...
Suzanne: My FWB
Adam: Shiela's LDR
Old 12-22-2011, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGuy View Post
No, that's me.... oh wait...
You look more like an ogre.
Old 12-22-2011, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnabelMore View Post
I'm very curious now, Anti. What brought you here?
That is a very important question to answer. You have my attention.

While polyamory, open relationships, and swinging are all distinctly different approaches to non-monogamy, they are not mutually exlusive. Folks can, and some do, engage in more than one of them at a time--and it's all good.
Old 12-22-2011, 07:17 AM

Well I kinda like the question as I live in a relationship where kissing is off the table in regards to one of my boyfriends for the same reasons. This was a boundary of my mono boyfriend. So I am not at all surprised about the topic of this discussion. I laughed out loud actually.

This "rule" has recently changed however now that there is some comfort, a sense of not being able to control what I do anyway, and because I have decided that its time to move on some how. The attempt at creating that "rule" and yes it was a rule, was not going to work for the rest of my life. I have done my work around it and am ready to see if I have changed as a result.... that means the rule has to go.

I would like to know what you are anti about also. To me that is the more interesting question. Care to explain?

By the way. A half hour wait on getting response to posts is too short to start saying "anyone?" If no one responds its because they aren't interested, no one has read it yet or people are offended or confused. Give it time, usually SOMEONE responds... as you have seen by now antipoly.
Old 12-22-2011, 08:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpepper View Post
Well I kinda like the question as I live in a relationship where kissing is off the table in regards to one of my boyfriends for the same reasons. This was a boundary of my mono boyfriend. So I am not at all surprised about the topic of this discussion. I laughed out loud actually.

This "rule" has recently changed however now that there is some comfort, a sense of not being able to control what I do anyway, and because I have decided that its time to move on some how. The attempt at creating that "rule" and yes it was a rule, was not going to work for the rest of my life. I have done my work around it and am ready to see if I have changed as a result.... that means the rule has to go.

I would like to know what you are anti about also. To me that is the more interesting question. Care to explain?

By the way. A half hour wait on getting response to posts is too short to start saying "anyone?" If no one responds its because they aren't interested, no one has read it yet or people are offended or confused. Give it time, usually SOMEONE responds... as you have seen by now antipoly.
Glad to see I'm not the only one who views kissing as more sacred and intimate than sex. I thought I was a weirdo lol. As for why I am anti-poly, I am anti-poly because I believe it denotes romantic love and takes away the "specialness of it" what made romantic love stronger than any other type of love was precisely because it was reserved just for one person. Now with this whole Poly thing, people are making romantic love on the same level as platonic and family love and I just hate that there's no longer a "special" love anymore.

Also to everyone else that was wondering, I am no troll, I am just genuinely curious on this topic.
Old 12-22-2011, 12:11 PM

Poly people do not make romantic love "on the same level" as platonic love or family love, whatever that means. It's also strange to me that you are on this board and want to tell the people on it that their relationships are not special.

If you were truly curious, you would be asking questions and genuinely trying to understand, instead of barging over, claiming you don't like people who are different from you and demanding they explain themselves.

If you really "hate" poly, then don't do it...?

Tags
mono, poly