Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 12-19-2011, 11:43 PM

Default Beating the odds

4 months ago my husband and I met a wonderful woman and developed a wonderful relationship with her. It has been a struggle and a blessing all wrapped in one whirlwind of self discovery and love. We have been playing 'house' for the last 2 weeks and it feels like we have never been apart. I and my husband are so totally in love with our 3rd and its so wonderful to have her in our life. I have never been so loved. Our kids love her too and she loves all of us. We had reservations about all living together, thinking we would all need more alone time or individual relationship time but it hasn't worked out like that. We put together two double sized beds and it has been bliss since the first night. I cant imagine life being different.

So to all the nay sayers in the begining...I am so glad to prove you wrong. Its great for the Poly community and great for us. Poly love to you all.
Old 12-21-2011, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcx3 View Post
4 months ago my husband and I met a wonderful woman and developed a wonderful relationship with her. It has been a struggle and a blessing all wrapped in one whirlwind of self discovery and love. We have been playing 'house' for the last 2 weeks and it feels like we have never been apart. I and my husband are so totally in love with our 3rd and its so wonderful to have her in our life. I have never been so loved. Our kids love her too and she loves all of us. We had reservations about all living together, thinking we would all need more alone time or individual relationship time but it hasn't worked out like that. We put together two double sized beds and it has been bliss since the first night. I cant imagine life being different.

So to all the nay sayers in the begining...I am so glad to prove you wrong. Its great for the Poly community and great for us. Poly love to you all.
wow, good for you. I would love to know how it goes in the future. We haven't had much input on here about anything over about six months.
Old 12-22-2011, 03:04 AM

Sheila has had two "moderate" surgeries (each 3 hours) over the last two days and John has been here helping with everything. From making dinners to washing dishes, to helping her to the bathroom, he's been a huge help.

It's a huge weight off my shoulders not having to be completely responsible for taking care of her and everything else. Poly rocks.
Suzanne: My FWB
Adam: Shiela's LDR
Old 12-22-2011, 10:35 PM

Smile Positive Poly Story

I haven't been on this site for months! How nice it is to be back and feeling the support of other Poly Peeps!

I just wanted to throw a happy update out there, to those who like to hear positive things about Poly.

When I first visited this site it was with many questions. I had a husband who wasn't yet on board with poly and wasn't sure if we should try it. Gradually, after much talking and thinking we have moved forward. There was never that moment of stepping over the poly line, it was more of a gradual decision. I got on OKC and eventually, he did too. I met a man a few months ago on there and we began dating. He is poly and has a wife and kids, much the same as me. We all get along wondrously. When I started this poly journey, I had a hope that someday i could hang with both of my men on a couch and watch a movie, cuddling both. My husband hadn't liked the idea at the outset, wasn't comfortable with it. Months later (two days ago) my other man was staying the night and we all watched a movie together, cuddling on the couch. The two get along famously and neither felt uncomfortable.

Can you tell? I fell deeply in love with my new man. Like I never knew that I could. I love my husband and even feel closer to him because of it. I like my new guy's wife even, she is super cool! We are even planning a possible dinner with all 8 of us, how much fun our kiddos will have together (they keep begging to meet each other).

I just wanted to gift everyone a positive poly story. I love to read them too, so if you have one (or know where to find some) please share! Any questions, I will SO go into detail

Enjoy your day!
Old 12-22-2011, 10:42 PM

I know what you are talking about Metamour friendship can be as mind blowing as the multiple love thing, as far as my opinion is concerned. Glad to hear that worked out this great for you. Hope your fantastic start will settle down into a lasting experience. We can cross the fingers for both of us there

My Blog
Old 12-23-2011, 12:40 PM

Thanks Phy!

Yes I am seeing this as being a very successful relationship, lasting many years to come. It sounds crazy to admit it, but truly, it is what we both talk about, how we both feel about it. It feels so major, so earth-shaking, this love. I am eternally grateful for the chance to experience such love!

Now my greatest challenges lie in time management, making sure each love has proper time and trying to not be obsessive about my new love. That NRE is powerful stuff! The great part is that we talk about it, the NRE, and how it shapes our actions at times. It is wonderful to be in a poly relationship with a man who has been doing it for a few years already, someone who is a master communicator, and whose wife is completely cool with it (and has a BF of her own who is cool).

Here is a question: What titles are available as a secondary relationship? BF and GF sound so juvenile to me, I call him my beau, my partner, my mate. But there has to be other, more apt titles, right? What do you call a man whom you love dearly, see yourself spending your life with but isn't your husband? A man with whom you share a poly fi love with and is "secondary" only in title. My love for him is in no way secondary, it is just as strong as my marital love, just in different ways.
Old 12-23-2011, 06:18 PM

I went to the movies with my husband for his birthday yesterday (it was an awesome movie, and we had a great time!). As I was leaving my boyfriend to go out, he said "have fun tonight, babe" with the utmost sincerity...it was just a very sweet moment for me. I'm going to go see him for a while today, but unfortunately I won't be seeing my husband or my boyfriend for Christmas. I will be surrounded by family, though, and so will they.
Old 12-23-2011, 11:16 PM

Lovely to hear such a happy story. Good wishes to you all.

I use girlfriend but I'm only 23 so I feel fine with it. Though I like to refer to my partners anytime I can, but when I'm talking about one of them I feel that I need some term that distinguishes whom I'm talking about. So that's when I use husband or girlfriend (although I prefer to just use their names, so I always do that when that can be done). Sorry I don't have any amazing suggestions.
Old 12-24-2011, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrisAwakened View Post
What do you call a man whom you love dearly, see yourself spending your life with but isn't your husband? A man with whom you share a poly fi love with and is "secondary" only in title. My love for him is in no way secondary, it is just as strong as my marital love, just in different ways.
Some people use OSO (other significant other) or OH (other husband). I know a guy who has many relationships and he calls all his non-spouse partners his "sweeties." I like calling someone "my love" or lover.

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 12-24-2011, 12:11 PM

Ahh, great suggestions! I do like to call my new guy "my love" so perhaps it can stick outside of endearments.

I can only imagine how difficult it would be to be away from both of my men for the holidays! It is hard enough being away from one >.< Hang in there and enjoy the family!

Tags
family, happiness, happy, hope, living situation, living together, love, moving in, open poly relationships, poly fi, success, vee