Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 12-09-2011, 01:24 PM

Default confused and feeling like a freak

i am confused does wanting a poly relationship make u a freak and r there ways to find out and explore this in australia am currently single and would like some advice on what to do am umsure if this is the right site
Old 12-10-2011, 04:03 AM

It doesn't make you a freak, just someone who has figured out what she wants. This is the right forum to talk about issues with being new to poly. There are a few threads on finding people in these forums.
Old 12-10-2011, 08:25 AM

Doesn't make you a freak at all. I know how you feel though. The pressures of society tell you you are only supposed to love one person at a time and if you fall in love with someone else then you must not love who you're with. Well, that's how I felt and sometimes am still made to feel so it's always a struggle to tell myself it's ok. Anyway, I'm also in Australia and in a relationship. If you ever want to talk feel free to message me.
Old 12-10-2011, 06:38 PM

Yes, this is a site to discover and talk about poly. I suggest you read around a bit and see what you find of interest. Do a search for topics that interest you, look in the tags, and then ask questions. Good luck
Old 12-12-2011, 07:05 AM

Don't feel like a freak, do a search for polyamory in your region and you can probably find a group in one of the bigger cities (There are some Australian based people posting on the Dating & Freindships > Asia pages so you're not the only one on the site.

I'm over the ditch in NZ

I suggest read some posts, some articles talk to some people and see how things go from there.
Old 12-12-2011, 07:20 AM

There is a calendar of events for Australia. Maybe its near your area? Check the events calendar linked in my sig and see if its helpful.
Old 12-14-2011, 02:14 PM

I too am in Australia.
I was exceptionally lucky - I fell into a relationship with Shannon (Shannon was a fuckbuddy initially, it developed from there), and fairly early on I met someone who was drunk, into me, and decided to introduce me to the concept of poly. We had great conversation that night, I wrote down the word, and went and looked it up the next day. It was amazing to find a word that described ME!

Goodluck through the initial stages of your journey