Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 12-13-2011, 09:02 PM

With the drinking and the random sex hookup I'd be more concerned about a safe sex rule more than which bed someones allowed to use or if said hook up was with an old partner or partners. Maybe trim back the rules to concentrate on health and safety and trust that your partners choices in hook ups won't be done to intentionally hurt or trigger you.

If you going to swing on a defenseless wall you should scan it an know where the stud are ....you could of broken your hand. I put my fist through a glass shower door once....learned that lesson the hard way....I don't hit shower doors anymore.
Old 12-14-2011, 02:36 AM

Did I suggest yet that you read other threads, do a tag search for "lessons" "foundations" and perhaps, now that you have mentioned it.. "DADT" It seems that part of the problem is lack of knowledge. Maybe if you both took some time to educate yourselves on what has worked for others and some of the theory of poly then there would be less flying by the seat of your pants and things working out better next time.

Hell I'll do the leg work for you. I often wonder if people actually take the advice to look at other threads... I wonder sometimes if I should bother... I never have time to do searches for people, but in this case I think you really need to get about reading.

foundations

lessons

There are many other interesting threads if you start doing tag searches. Just so you know.
Old 12-14-2011, 03:22 AM

Actually, it sounds like you want an open relationship and she wants poly. Very different relationship dynamics.
Old 12-14-2011, 03:27 AM

Default ewing

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpepper View Post
Did I suggest yet that you read other threads, do a tag search for "lessons" "foundations" and perhaps, now that you have mentioned it.. "DADT" It seems that part of the problem is lack of knowledge. Maybe if you both took some time to educate yourselves on what has worked for others and some of the theory of poly then there would be less flying by the seat of your pants and things working out better next time.

Hell I'll do the leg work for you. I often wonder if people actually take the advice to look at other threads... I wonder sometimes if I should bother... I never have time to do searches for people, but in this case I think you really need to get about reading.

foundations

lessons

There are many other interesting threads if you start doing tag searches. Just so you know.

Thank you so much. I think i cleared a hurdle with your help already. I will gladly take your advice i hope you don't mind if i ask you a question if i need too. Thanks again
Old 12-14-2011, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewing View Post
Thank you so much. I think i cleared a hurdle with your help already. I will gladly take your advice i hope you don't mind if i ask you a question if i need too. Thanks again
Please do, that's what I'm here for

Tags
dumb, married