Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-13-2011, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnabelMore View Post
This may sound silly, but I think it depends on how you define falling in love. Some people would define a sense of connection and strong positive feelings for someone they haven't known as long as infatuation, not love. What does falling in love mean to you?
Exactly. The definition is different for everyone. I have tried defining it various ways, but the truth is, I don`t know if I love someone until the bad things happen, and my feelings for them don`t waiver. Otherwise, it`s just infatuation.

There is someone right now that I can include in my I-Love-Them-List, but they haven`t a clue, and never will. It wouldn`t be appropriate to pursue them,...on either side. This knowledge doesn`t torment me. When I love, I just tend to accept the feeling, and keep my life heading where it needs to, regardless.

Many people seem to get this 'feeling' and then try to control the outcome of everyday life based on that feeling. I think this is where 'falling in love quickly' can present problems. It becomes too much, too soon.
AKA,..using that 'hold' button doesn`t hurt.