Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 12-08-2011, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNeacail View Post
I do believe that Dingeheart was simply stating the need for caution and care. The journey will NOT be all sunshine and roses, there will be struggles that need to dealt with. It would be extremely unwise to not pay attention to red flags, just because his wife said it would "strengthen their marriage".
I know SNeacail, I just wanted to do the same and say that it actually could be possible. Nothing more. He has experienced bad sides, it is valid to point that out. But it just sounded as if he thinks that it's generally hopeless to expect something good coming out of the situation, that's why I wanted to provide the other side. At least that was what I got out of his comment, I am sorry if it I got that wrong.

My Blog
Old 12-08-2011, 07:18 PM

I don't know the stats but it seems that coming from a long standing mono marriage in which one partner one day has an awakening (poly) the other wanting to remain mono has not demonstrated a high rate of success. I can think many usernames off the top of my head. Shall I list ...

Phy
I'm really glad you posted those comments. It was not my intention to lump any all into a given category. I thought my words were true, measured and realistic. And I highly recommend people in this dynamic read your story and learn from you. I think you and your husband have done a great job in your efforts to make your situation work. (not slighting the BF but just don't see his efforts as being equal )

P.S. spent 8 mon in Heidleberg...lived under the castle . I mean schloss.

Tags
jealousy, mono jealousy, mono/poly