Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 12-03-2011, 02:09 PM

After a minor argument between myself, bf, and husband, things are settling down, and the irritionality (on all of our parts) is gone. We haven't been able to have a "family meeting" yet, and I'm kind of nervous about that. However, both of my guys have always pleasantly surprised me.
Old 12-04-2011, 01:47 PM

Been out in my li'l sailboat this morning. Came 4th last out of about 15, which is a really really good result for me ! It was fun and therapeautic!
Old 12-05-2011, 10:38 PM

Really sick of my tertiary relationship with Murphys Law, otherwise the rest of my interactions are going well.
I have Christmas dates set with 2 lovers, and hubby and I get to go away for a weekend in the mountains, courtesy of his company that has a 'go big' attitude about xmas parties. Yay !
Old 12-06-2011, 02:27 PM

I'm doing okay. Last night was fun just hanging out, but poor Runic Wolf was tired and fell asleep in my lap while Wendigo was cuddling me from the other side and playing a video game. On the way home, Wendigo asked me why I didn't pounce on him while Runic Wolf and our friend Rothgar ran out to the store and left us with our friend J, who knows about us. I replied that since the big cluster fuck in January, I no longer trust J and didn't want to make all of us uncomfortable.

But today will be full of good things; meeting new clients; getting my sewing machine back from the repair shop; and finally getting food in the house. And if Runic Wolf is feeling up to it, more cuddles and sexy time.
Old 12-06-2011, 02:40 PM

Feeling more upbeat than I have in a while. Got some really nice emails and texts from a few different people within the last 24 hours and it feels good to have such nice, friendly, caring connections.

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 12-06-2011, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrigidsDaughter View Post
... getting my sewing machine back from the repair shop ...
Oh, I've been debating whether to have mine repaired or get a new one. I never really liked my machine, but I hate to be wasteful and not repair it if that is possible. It keeps jamming like crazy!

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 12-07-2011, 08:06 AM

Crappy sucky ending to an otherwise awesome evening.

Hubby is in hospital overnight for observation - he had some heart issues and because of his heart attacks - they're keeping him there despite everything looking good.

Just when my irrational fears surrounding this were disappating....

My Journey to Health and Fitness
My Journey as a Widow

Jane
Old 12-07-2011, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie View Post
Oh, I've been debating whether to have mine repaired or get a new one. I never really liked my machine, but I hate to be wasteful and not repair it if that is possible. It keeps jamming like crazy!
All sewing machines are "supposed" to be serviced once a year... mine might get in every 6 . In the mean time, try switching thread (use top quality thread, it makes a huge difference) and changing to a new needle.
Old 12-07-2011, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marksbabygirl View Post
Hubby is in hospital overnight for observation - he had some heart issues and because of his heart attacks - they're keeping him there despite everything looking good.(
My prayers are with you. My dad has been a heart patient since 1972, in 1980 he had 7 bypasses, now 30+ years later, there is nothing more they can do for him, every little episode is scary, so I completely understand your fear. Also my best friends husband has been in an out of the hospital with heart attacks (3 I think) and multiple angioplasties over the last couple of years and I am seriously worried about him (he's not even 40 yet).
Old 12-07-2011, 05:12 PM

It turned out that my bobbin casing was damaged when S broke a needle off in it and then immediately replaced the it with a new needle and didn't search for the missing middle piece. She bent the next needle and I was like, stop. No more trying to "fix" my machine. The bobbin thread hadn't been coming up, but it turns out that I'd been using too thick of a thread for bobbins. Who knew?

I would suggest getting your machine oiled, also replace the needle everytime it starts jamming because it could be dull. Finally check your bobbin tension. My mom's machine was jamming and it turned out that I just needed to reset everything back to basic and change out the bobbin and needle. It's been fine ever since.

As for how I'm doing. I'm feeling pretty damn good. I ran an errand this morning, picked up Wendigo for the day and spent a little under an hour intimately reconnecting with him before I had to pick Runic Wolf up from work. Then we all spent a few hours talking and relaxing on the couch before hitting the workshop. I just got back from paying a traffic ticket and am grateful that it was less than I was expecting.

Last edited by BrigidsDaughter; 12-07-2011 at 11:45 PM. Reason: added how I'm doing

Tags
checking in, chit-chat, community, conversation, status, update