Poly Squee!!!

Skeezycheeses

<waves cheerfully from the doorway>

:)

Well what d'ya know. A poly forum! Yay!

Was doin' my normal "tumbln tumbln" this a.m. when I found myself being pulled outta the tumblr tunnel and into this wonderful lil nook!

Hi all. :)

So a lil about me (us, but the other part of us is at work right now but will be along this evening no doubt), subby-hubby and I are newish to the poly community. I say newish as our limited experiences thus far have been online, but they were enlightening and a good way for us to at least get an idea of the dynamics involved. So far so good. :)

It's funny how the more I read and learn about the polyamory lifestyle, the more I kinda just go, "well yeah"!! It seems I've had these ideas and thoughts about how life and love should be for me, most my life, just never really knew until recently-ish that there was a word for it.

So we're chillin' in Atlanta. Hopin' to make some RL friends and maybe more one day. Readin', lovin, learnin'.

So subby-hubby and I are great big nerds. He's the Star Trek nerd, I'm the Buffy nerd. We love RPGs. D&D ftw. I like 3.5, subby-hubby's so grognardy he prefers 2nd ed or AD&D.

Ok, so that's just a taste of our hobbies. It's still early here. :D

Great to meetcha all! Skeezycheeses Squeezes!!

Last edited:
LOL Welcome Skeezy!

It's funny how the more I read and learn about the polyamory lifestyle, the more I kinda just go, "well yeah"!!

Oh, I was hoping you were going to say, "the more I read and learn about the polyamory lifestyle, the more I realize there is none." How delightful it is to create your own lifestyle the way you want it and incorporate polyamory into it!

Welcome!

Oh, I was hoping you were going to say, "the more I read and learn about the polyamory lifestyle, the more I realize there is none." How delightful it is to create your own lifestyle the way you want it and incorporate polyamory into it!

Welcome!

I'm so gonna ret-con that in once I feel less a lil less self-conscious about my word choices. Sorry if I disappointed you on my first day here. ;)

Hush now. :D

retcon

/ret'kon/ retroactive continuity.
The common situation in fiction where a new story "reveals" things about events in previous stories, usually leaving the "facts" the same (thus preserving continuity) while completely changing their interpretation. For example, revealing that a whole season of "Dallas" was a dream was a retcon.
This term was once thought to have originated on the Usenet newsgroup news:rec.arts.comics but is now believed to have been used earlier in comic fandom.
[Jargon File]
(1994-12-08)

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/retcon

:p I was just messin' with ya. I'm extra-cheeky in the a.m.

Welcome

Welcome... love your introduction and hope you find what you seek here...
(that sounded a bit cliche, giggles)

Buffy was cool back in the day! I wonder whatever happened to Sarah Michelle Gellar's acting career since then...

Thanks for the welcome. :)

Hell yeah Buffy was cool. Though my real love was more for Anya. I do love a forthright woman. ;)

I believe SMG actually has a new show coming out. Something procedural, cop/lawyer drama-y thing. Totally not my schtick but yay for continued success for the whole Whedon-verse.

Rare

Thanks for the welcome. :)

Hell yeah Buffy was cool. Though my real love was more for Anya. I do love a forthright woman. ;)

I believe SMG actually has a new show coming out. Something procedural, cop/lawyer drama-y thing. Totally not my schtick but yay for continued success for the whole Whedon-verse.

Yeah, I was one of those rare girls that never liked the flick movies and laughed during the horror movies as people were being killed with fake plastic knives... lol.

Still love the vampire movies!

retcon

/ret'kon/ retroactive continuity.
The common situation in fiction where a new story "reveals" things about events in previous stories, usually leaving the "facts" the same (thus preserving continuity) while completely changing their interpretation. For example, revealing that a whole season of "Dallas" was a dream was a retcon.
This term was once thought to have originated on the Usenet newsgroup news:rec.arts.comics but is now believed to have been used earlier in comic fandom.
[Jargon File]
(1994-12-08)

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/retconQUOTE]

Ret-con is also the name of the drug Torchwood team members give to innocent and not so innocent bystanders to forget the horrific things they just witnessed.

And welcome Skeezy!

Back