Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 11-17-2011, 11:23 AM

This is an old thread, but I thought I'd share my thoughts.

Though I am not with the couple I was with back in the spring/summer, I still learned a lot from the experience. Affection was not as big of an issue as I thought it'd be. It was just really natural. Even if I was not cuddling with them, it still made me happy to see them cuddling and smiling. Their love only made me love them more. It was just very easy to go with the flow and realize that there was no intentions of any of us getting more affection than another.
Old 11-25-2011, 11:29 PM

In our situation, we totally gage affection based on where we are, and how comfortable we feel being "out". In an anonymous, low lit restaurant we all three hold hands, cuddle, take turns giving each other a bite, a sip, a loving touch. On a walk we take turns holding hands, or walk three in a line if we're all feeling safe and open. Alternately, when we're in neighbourhoods where she feels more private, my husband and I hold hands and walk next to her. Sometimes they hold hands, kiss, hug and I get to admire and enjoy what a beautiful couple they make, and even get to watch other people enjoying looking at them too. When we're all together in a private place it's so touchy-feely-fantastic that we seem to not even really think about it, but being out and about is more about everyone feeling comfortable with outside eyes rather than our own.

Can I just say that I am in awe of RedPepper, her husband & Mono's relationship? SO cool.

Tags
affection, displaying affection, intimacy, public affection