Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 11-04-2009, 05:20 PM

Which thread is that RP? I would love to read it.
Old 11-04-2009, 06:52 PM

I'm getting confused between rp=redpepper and rp=rolypoly.
Old 11-04-2009, 06:59 PM

Haha! I think you are roly and I'm RP. I used to be red, but we have a Redsirren too and she became Red. Confusing I know. I get confused when people refer to monogamous as Mono. I wish they would not capitalize it, as in mono, so I don't think its my life love, Mono.

Which reminds me, Mono used to call me Lilo. As in Life Love. He calls me that in person, but not so much on here any more.
So that thread? I can't remember what it was and can't find it very well on my phone, but it was one that Maca of LR started. They would know.

Help? Anyone?
Old 11-04-2009, 07:02 PM

I don't remember that thread at all...Lilo

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 11-04-2009, 07:24 PM

I'm getting confused between rp=redpepper and rp=rolypoly.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:46 PM

Sorry, I meant RedPepper.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGirl View Post
When I was in my 20's, I thought that statements like this were pretty condescending and a bit offensive, but as I get older, I realize that there is a certain amount of truth in it that just cannot be appreciated until you arrive at that point.
Me too. I really HATED that-especially since I was on my own from 14 on. Between that and having a kid at 16 (and doing a damn good job raising her if I say so myself).

But as I go along (and partly due to raising these kids and seeing their understanding change with age too) I am starting to think that some things (not all) in life simply take TIME or repeated exposure to start fully understanding...

I don't know-it was just a thought as I was reading and writing and like I said-I was thinking aloud.

I'm really doing a LOT of growing and thinking and expanding my mind and heart right now. So some days I may make little or no sense because it takes a week to figure out. Bare with me!
Old 11-04-2009, 10:50 PM

I can relate to this as well. I've been on my own since early teens as well. I always thought that because I was forced into adulthood that it aged me. But the reality is, it just taught me survival skills. Now, I will point out that I'm still in my 20's but I understand now that life experience does not equal maturity. Understanding those experiences for what they are does. I have also learned that I am a responsible loyal, no man left behind kind of person and that in the face of hard times I have the strength and adapability to stand when my loved ones cannot. I may not have the knowledge (because I've learned I don't know everything teehee) but I adapt and learn as I go. I also know, that my loved ones still see me as 14 because physically I have never grown since then. yep... I'm a shorty. And because of this no matter how old I get they will always want to protect lil ole me. It used to aggrivate me and now I embrace it. It comes from love and I kinda like it now. I had to grow up so fast that... its kinda nice being babied. I don't take it as an insult anymore and I'm in no rush to prove my maturity level. I have faith that the person I am is enough for now. I think people find offense to it because they see it as being bad or someone viewing them as less than. My daughter shocks me with her pearls of wisdom (she is 4.) Good hearts come in all ages and so does wisdom. One should be proud of the person they are at the age they are and not be so sensitive.