Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 11-04-2009, 08:03 PM

this thread as been really intresting for me
i deal with emotional and physical pain in a strange way becuase i have a disosiative disorder which means i disconnect myself, it has only been in recent years that i have been able to feel some kind of emotional or extreem physical pain,

now that i can
i see its value,
when i was in labour, i knew that my baby would be born still, but i refused an epidural becuase i felt it was important to feel the pain both physically and emotionally, it is the hardist thing i have ever done, however i do not for one min regret it. I am grateful that i felt the experience in full i can't really explain why but i just accepted that this is how i felt. The physical pain, and the emotional pain and i didn't fight it.

Jools
Old 11-04-2009, 08:31 PM

Wow, I cant imagine how hard it must have been to give birth to a stillborn child. I'm sorry. Good for you for feeling it.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:37 PM

This thread seems like it was written specifically for me.

I was having a really hard time last night and got some great advice in "New to Poly" that included checking out these posts.

I don't like emotional pain (does anyone?) so for the most part, I have dealt with it by stuffing it down and pretending it doesn't exist. This, however, is NOT a good way of dealing things. It seems easier, in that moment, to not feel or deal with it but does not work so well over the long term.

These posts gave me the encouragement I needed to continue feeling the feelings and the reassurance that I could deal with them.

Thanks!