Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 10-21-2011, 03:16 PM

Talking

From one recent 40 year old Libra to another, happy birthday Mono! I'm sure your day will be awesome!

Last edited by opalescent; 10-21-2011 at 06:04 PM. Reason: grammar goof
Old 10-21-2011, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by opalescent View Post
From one recent 40 year old Libra to another, happy birthday Mono! I'm sure your day wil be awesome!
I woke up next to RP....it has already been awesome!

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 10-21-2011, 06:43 PM

Happy birthday, dude!
Old 10-21-2011, 09:59 PM

Libra's rock! My 30th birthday was 2 weeks ago and our Pretty Lady's birthday is today as well. I believe this is her 7th year being 29.

Hope you two have an amazing day!
Old 10-22-2011, 06:31 PM

I am fortunately blessed to be with two Librans. Mono is on the cusp of Scorpio. No big surprise there PN is a Picean and Leo a Leo (surprise! ). Water, fire and earth.... just need me some air. My birthday is next, Sag....
Old 10-26-2011, 05:14 AM

Libra is an Air sign You're in need of some dirt!

Birthdays are so much fun! Was there cake?
Old 10-26-2011, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireChild View Post
Libra is an Air sign You're in need of some dirt!

Birthdays are so much fun! Was there cake?
why yes! Of course! Actually that makes a lot of sense I need earth indeed.
Old 11-07-2011, 10:32 PM

Mono has his place back! It took two months (?) But he's back home. He just needs a toilet. That should be in today.

It went well all of us together. I am impressed with us. The lack of privacy was an issue and it created a dynamic that I enjoyed somewhat but also realized I would not want in the future necessarily. We were more like room mates than a vee. I missed alone time with both men and realized how important having that is. Mono and I have our own routines and so do PN and I. I live two separate lives with them and like it like that.

My parents dog tripped and fell on the porch the other night and she broke her back. It was a horrific experience that resulted in her being put down after dragging her large droopy body to the emergency vet. She was an old dog, but in good health. It was really hard for all of us.

On top of that the really old cat got out. She has dementia and wandered off. No one could find her. It turned out that someone picked her up and took her to the pound. Mono, PN and LB all pitched in with flash lights to search the neighborhood looking for her while my parents and I were at the vet. They were very grateful. Even if she wasn't found until the pound called the next day. It was a moment in our family history of coming together to support and help out my parents and their pets. It just sealed for us more how important it is to have family, chosen or otherwise.
Old 11-08-2011, 01:37 AM

I'm feeling restless lately and like my world is out of sorts... I suspect its to do with Leo. I almost can't bare to see him any more due to the fact that I am drawing to a close on the experiment of not being closer to him to include sexual intimacy. I don't know what to do about it, if anything. He doesn't want any of it to change because he doesn't want to lose what we have, so why push it. It might mean I will have to say good-bye, but that won't change the position I am in even for next time. If there is a next time. I get incredibly anxious and sad before and after I see him. I enjoy our time together, but its over shadowed by fear, doubt, and sadness.... what to do? what to do?
Old 11-08-2011, 02:57 AM

((HUGS))

I go through these cycles with my friends (all platonic), especially when we are still building and defining the friendship. I start to get depressed and sad because I feel distant and withdrawan or like they are withdrawing from me. I think to myself that maybe I've pushed too far and I'm more interested than they are... Then I meet up with them and all seems good. Sometimes I might push too far, but other times I get too sensative to normal everyday mood changes, etc. Other times, I find I have to push just a little harder and then things move forward again.

I can't speak to your issue with the sex as I don't need that in a close friendship (at least I haven't so far), but I do find that as I grow closer to people I need more contact. So I think that if friendships are to grow (even or maybe especailly platonic ones), contact needs to increase over time. It doesn't even have to be drastic.

Tags
bdsm, boundaries, breaking up, casual sex, children, coming out, coming out to family, communication, family, foundations, kids, ldr, ldrs, mono poly, mono poly dating nature, mono/poly, moving in, negotiations, poly-fi, poly-fidelous, redpepper, rules, swinging, third partner, vee