Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 11-02-2011, 06:04 PM

My kids are all in their early 20s, but as well all know, it's a time of making many mistakes and having adventures and doing rash things, and hopefully learning a lot about oneself on the way.

My gf is only in her early 30s and we've been together almost 3 years. My kids liked her a lot from the start and she has a sort of young aunt or big sister relationship with them. "Kids" that age still need mentors, yet they don't always take too kindly to the advice old mom and dad give them, so it's great to have her in their lives!
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37
Old 11-03-2011, 05:15 AM

You could go back and say, "ya know, I didn't really answer that question as well as I wanted so I did some research and thinking and while I am not an expert, this is what I found." There is no shame in revisiting a conversation with new info because you think you gave a shoddy answer the first time round.

They say a child is best off in the world with 7 adults that are solid in their life. They don't have to be family and they don't have to be involved care givers... just adults that are always there for the kid when they are needed. I don't know where I got that from, sorry, but I always remembered it. Basically I make it as easy as possible to know and love my child and if they continue to know and love him they are welcome regardless of if I am partnered with them. It takes a village to raise a child after all.