Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 10-27-2011, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie View Post
When I first read this comment, I thought you were just saying poly peeps have to be more aware than monos. I missed the second "more." So, yeah, while monogamous relationships require the same awareness to be successful, I think the biggest difference is, as you stated, not that in poly we have to be "more aware" but, rather, that we have to be aware of more people. And that can be tricky to navigate.
As a (sort of) newbie, I am finding this out more and more every day.
Old 10-27-2011, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
Do you think poly relationships can ever be less complicated than mono relationships?
Awhile ago, I would of said 'No, never.' The very basic logic being; More people, automatically means more problems.

I have learned the last few years, that you have two types of multi-loving people.

You either have the type that wants to love whoever they fall in love with, and work through any, and all issues. They see a future where problems have been worked through, and peace and enjoyment will be around.

You also have a type that wants the 'right' kind of people to love. They want people who 'gel' and blend into each other`s lives, and tend to skip over the drama. Usually they are people who have learned to just enjoy the moment, not build expectations. This type might learn each other slower, as battles are few and far between, but it does seem to be 'less complicated' when everyone gels.

To be honest, the only long-term successful poly/open party people I know, just 'fell' into it. They don't concern themselves with the 'Here`s How You Do It' crowd, anymore then the crowd of nay-sayers. They just live.