Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 10-26-2011, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumnalTone View Post
It is *obvious* that he doesn't want to know anything about what you do--and doesn't care that you do it. Why are you trying to force knowledge of it all on him?
My question to you is why you lack enough respect for your husband to leave him be about the matter? He doesn't want to know, so stop trying to force it on him.
Does this really feel like a lack of respect to you? My conversations with him have been an attempt to understand whether he really does mind or not, whether I get involved sexually with other men. I'm not trying to tell him what happened after the fact -I'm trying to find out if it's ok beforehand. I'm not sure how you could conclude that he doesn't care what I do. He says it would hurt and make him unhappy. I'm concluding that it's not at all ok with him.

Did your wife start having sex with other men without first making sure she had a good understanding of how you would feel about it? Is it disrespectful to want to know the repercussions before making such a big change to a marriage?

Tags
honesty, marriage vs. polyamory