Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 10-19-2011, 07:17 PM

Default Anyone in Victoria b.c.?

Hi. I am in my early thirties and wanting to meet polygon couples and women in Victoria.
Old 10-19-2011, 08:57 PM

Wink shabba

It won't let me load photos but the two kids living with me are 9 and soon to be 11
Old 10-19-2011, 10:16 PM

Default hi

Would you be interested in a mmff relationship?
Old 10-20-2011, 04:32 AM

Default Bi, ( Pansexual ) Gender Fluid Male in So Cal

My name is Darrin. I'm fully Bi, and really, I'm Pansexual; I adore androgyny and gender bending/blending people. I'm a part-time, passable cross dresser.
I do go out in public, this is not just for the bedroom, but it's not full-time, hence I identify as Gender Fluid. I have been married in the past, and I have experimented with multiple sex partners in the past. I am involved somewhat in the local Fetish scene here in Southern California ( Orange County ), but that is for "spicing things up", not a 24/7 lifestyle. I'm new to Cali, and I love it here, so there is very little chance that I would ever move away from here ( unless it's to another warm locale without winter, that is! ). I would consider Northern Cali, or Oregon and Washington states.

After much soul searching, experience, and consideration, I know that I'm wired for Poly, therefore I'm seeking a poly situation. That could either mean finding a partner to start a poly situation with, or joining an existing couple. My preference would be to start something new. It might be difficult to be an equal part of a relationship that is already established, but not impossible with the right people. My preference would also be with a M/F couple, but I'm open to all possibilities.

I'm trying to figure out how to get a photo on my profile, by the way.

I'm smart, fun, creative, employed, and emotionally stable. if i sound like your cup of tea, please contact me.

Last edited by Darrin; 10-20-2011 at 04:42 AM. Reason: altered title/and corrected spelling in the text
Old 10-21-2011, 01:22 AM

Default Hi

Now to attempt a introduction.
I am a 42 year old man who has always thought of poly, but the beliefs I was raised with made that not an option.

I have recently become a born again atheist after all we are all born atheists.
enough of this, now for the poly

I am married and long story short I am interested in learning more about poly

feel free to ask me any questions and I will answer most if not all of them
Old 10-26-2011, 02:46 AM

Default New Orleans

I am 25 (female, bicurious) and he is 26 (heterosexual).

We have been in a mono relationship for almost ten years. We have a great relationship. We are each other's best friend. We have great communication and wonder if there isn't anything we can't overcome. We are both sci-fi readers and that's what introduced us to the idea of poly.

We are poly noobs and are still in the research phase. We have been considering it for a long time, but are almost ready to make the jump. After nearly 10 years together and a long life ahead of us, we don't want to stagnate. Also, he is a very sexual person while I am not. We don't want to break up, but we want us both to be satisfied (me not feeling obligated to having sex all the time, and him still being sexually satisfied).

Our biggest challenge is finding a local poly community. We'd love to meet others in this community, but can't find much in our area.

I'm glad we found this forum.
Old 11-01-2011, 02:04 AM

After nearly 17 years of marriage, my wife and I decided last March to open our relationship. While I'm allergic to labels and generally don't want to join anyone's club, "polyamory" comes closest to how I think about relationships.

My wife and I don't have many presuppositions about what our life and our network of relationships will eventually look like. As a starting point, we regard ourselves as individuals, committed to one another and to our children, who are each, on our own, open to forming intimate relationships of various kinds with other people, with friendship as the foundation of each.

Each of us is just getting started, but early signs are promising.

Last edited by hyperskeptic; 11-01-2011 at 02:06 AM.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:56 PM

Default Hello out there

Hello all,
Yes I am new here and came across this site from a search. I am married and have always wondered what I was missing in my life. I have 'cheated' on my husbands(plural) and I think I just get bored. I have loved them all and I do have affection for anyone I have ever had sex with. When I heard of this, I thought- wow this is what I have been searching for lol. Now that I am here, where do I go from here? I read the guidlines, rules and options but since I am not a poly and I would like to be in a relationship as one, can anyone push me in the right direction? (I hope I am in the right spot lol)
Old 11-02-2011, 11:28 PM

Default Hi guys

Hello Everyone,

My wife and I have been together 12yrs married 10.
After many struggles and talk of divorce, and the idea of an open relationship, we started to get close with a friend of ours and during online research discovered the term “Polyamorous” and the difference between polygamy and poly-amorous relationships. The idea of this was absolutely perfect for our situation.

For simplicity's sake:
Me: Dera (30)
Wife: Lily (31)
Girlfriend: Yuna (23)
Child (me and Lily): Monster (4)

I will post detailed information about our status where I can on the site, but for right now, we've been together semi-officially for about 3 weeks to a month. The only sexual activity between any of us is directly between Lily and I at this time, though the desire is there to go further when possible. (details necessary, will post in more appropriate post), at this time we are planning on keeping the relationship closed between the three of us with the plan of longterm-ness.

Looking forward to meeting everyone on the boards, once everyone is here and registered, I hope to drop the nicknames if for no other reason than a formal introduction.
Old 11-18-2011, 07:09 PM

Hi, I'm Mari82. I'm a 29 year old chick from California. Not married. No kids. I've been in a heterosexual, monogamous relationship with a guy for almost 5 years, which I consider my first "adult" relationship, since it's been the longest, and he was my first sexual partner.

So, I've been very poly curious (is that a real term?) for quite some time now, but I have zero experince with it. Right now I'm reading "Opening Up: A Guide to Creating and Sustaining Open Relationships", by Tristan Taormino. It's been incredibly insightful. I've also been friends with a married couple for around 7 years, and it was their open marriage that first introduced me to the concept and sparked my interest. I love them, but I wouldn't say they're the best example. The guy has boundary issues, for one thing. He's a bit bipolar and needy, and (without crossing the line too much), has tried to initiate physical contact that I didn't want, even after I told him I wasn't interested several times. You'd think that would put me off to the idea. But luckily, my bad experiences with him haven't ruined my opinion of polyamory in general, and I think this may even be a lifestyle I'm more suited for than monogamy.

The only hitch (and it's a big one) is that it's most likely not right for my boyfriend. I haven't directly asked for an open relationship (yet), but I've tested the waters bringing it up in conversation. He doesn't seem warm to the idea. This is pretty big, because it means that if I truly want to explore this lifestyle, I'll probably have to end this relationship. To be honest, we've been growing apart, and have faced some vital incompatibility issues lately. We're hot and cold on a lot of things: common interests, intimacy styles, needs, wants, etc. We love each other, but it seems that whatever we do might not be enough. I want to say that by no means am I trying to use polyamory to skirt the issues in my relationship, or avoid the confrontation of a break up. If that happens, it will happen for other reasons. But polyamory is something I'd be interested in exploring, no matter what.

So, that's my little intro. I look forward to getting to know you guys

Tags
polandry mfm, polyandry family