Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 10-18-2011, 06:50 AM

magdlyn, thanks for this thread :-)

in this period (as i finished Sex at Dawn) i started reading Duby
http://www.amazon.fr/Chevalier-femme.../dp/2012790712
in his most important work about the birth of marriage and as it arrived to us, in our time -of course including sooo many coefficients.
it is clear that religion ruled something and the most of people did its opposite century by century, as our First Nature lead us, but i see how much this suppression is still influencing anyones' life every day; we cannot pretend it has a weight we all can ignore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magdlyn View Post

There is a legend that Mary "Virgin" was sent to live at the Temple when she was 12. Then she just happened to get pregnant by a spirit.
another legend says Mary was brought to the temple as a little girl and then kicked out when she received her first flow.
another one, coming out from the Aquarian gospel, says that mary and her cousin elisabeth went studying..well, i can't recall with whom and where, but something like very deep roots of knowledge in many arguments, metaphysical too.

it just flashed few sec ago the fact that the first and only christian pope who dared to say that the Spirit is the Feminine (as the father and the son are clearly spoken in critstian practice), was found dead after less than a month of charge and still it is clear (and unclear) that it was a murder going on, not a desease as the official, written version says.
Old 10-18-2011, 11:22 AM

Quote:
There is a legend that Mary "Virgin" was sent to live at the Temple when she was 12. Then she just happened to get pregnant by a spirit.
I'm sorry, I misremembered the story. A popular apocryphal story, The Protoevangelium of James, probably written in 145CE, states that Mary was dedicated to the Temple when she was weaned at 3 years old. She lived there as a "dove," (common goddess holiness symbol). When she reached puberty, widowers of the country were commanded to bring their "rods" to the Temple to see who would earn her as a wife. A "dove" flew out of Joseph's rod.

Doves as a goddess symbol were used as early as the Minoan period, 16th century BCE.

At the time of the writing of the New Testament, doves were a symbol of the fertility goddess Aphrodite/Venus... Greek culture was pervasive in Judea.

Quote:
To the Ancient Greeks, the dove was perceived as Aphrodite, the goddess of love and beauty, and thus also invested with erotic connotations. As an attribute of the fertility goddess, the dove became a symbol of love between human beings, and between the deity and the worshipers.
Dove symbolism

http://198.62.75.1/www1/ofm/mag/MAen9905.html

Protoevangelium of James

http://www.newadvent.org/fathers/0847.htm
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37
Old 10-18-2011, 02:55 PM

Quote:
The Protoevangelium of James,

Doves as a goddess symbol
that's it, thanks, i forgot from where i got the "info" (or should we say the gossip?!); what i remembered about it, is this song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5pZX4m6Hjc
"l'infanzia di maria" by fabrizio de andré -who has been one of italian major poets (in music) of last century.

yes, the dove became the symbol of Holy Spirit which is, we said, Feminine, this too i'd forgotten!

i share with magdlyn some sense of "nostalgic" taste of the way whole humanity Lived sex before agriculture came and before the years of repression came through the Church' actions, speaks, books, and thoughts being themselves their own personal traitors; i.e. Bourchard de Worms in his "Decretum" was listing down what WE could do and not could do with our own sexuality.
actually, as years pass by, and after having read SaD, i have less and less words to ...explain...
i keep alive within me the sense of pre-historical values and honour we are also discussing here.
i cannot do without linking here this (hope it is not a problem for this board if i link music... ?) video and hope it will be also lookable..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kizbFjWheW0

Quote:
I'm sorry,
oh no, we are glad

Tags
sex, spirituality