Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 10-26-2009, 01:59 AM

Default happy b-day to me :)

Redpepper is a person who celebrates birthdays, housewarmings and family stuff. I am not normally that big on all of that. She also embraces every opportunity to share time with friends...as most of you know I am more withdrawn in that area. However, last night Redpepper and her husband were free for the night and wanted to do something with me to celebrate my birthday.

I decided it would be nice to get all of us together and invite some friends from both our worlds to enjoy a Halloween festival and dancing.

By both our worlds I mean a friendship with a traditional monogamous couple Redpepper and I have developed in my neighbourhood and our other friends from the poly world. This was a time for meeting and bridging a few gaps.

So we all met up and had a great time at the festival and enjoyed some screams and laughs. We then headed to town to the local gay/queer bar that is relaxed and a fun place to dance. We first went for a little pizza where a middle-aged guy was severely drunk and a confrontation was brewing between him and some young guys. Redpepper rushed in to the rescue, pulled the drunken guy away and then we spent five minutes looking for a bench that he could sleep on. This is in her nature. Taking care of people for no other reason than they are people.

We then hit the dance floor and had a great time. Our monogamous friends have met her husband before but this was the first time that they had met her other lover (aka, the Fancy LOL!) They had never been in a gay bar either, especially a kink night! They really enjoyed themselves. We all had a great time dancing and when the night was over me and her spent the night/day at my place.

It had been too long since all the people in her life had come together to bond and simply have fun. I love these moments as they help grow the relationships between her lovers and friends.

We really do have it good, regardless of everything that needs to be done for us to be healthy. We love being together and I am thankful for every second I have with her

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over

Last edited by MonoVCPHG; 10-26-2009 at 06:57 PM.
Old 10-26-2009, 02:15 AM

God that is so me. I so long for the day we can just hang out comfortably with everyone!
I think RP and I must have much in common-because when you talk about her-it almost sounds like you are talking about me!

She logged off-if you are in contact with her currently-let her know I sent her hugs and kisses in PM. No tears needed-she's a great lady and a wonderful addition to the board!
Old 10-26-2009, 02:53 AM

[QUOTE=LovingRadiance;9952]

She logged off-if you are in contact with her currently-let her know I sent her hugs and kisses in PM. QUOTE]

Passed on LR..Thanks!

Poly Events All Over
Old 10-26-2009, 02:58 AM

thx! I knew I could count on you!
Old 10-26-2009, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
We then hit the dance floor and had a great time. Our monogamous friends have met her husband before but this was the first time that they had met her other lover (aka, the Fancy LOL!) They had never been in a gay bar either, especially a kink night! They really enjoyed themselves. We all had a great time dancing and when the night was over me and her spent the night/day at my place.
Sorry wasn't able to make it...but I hear from those that were it was a good time.

Cheers.

-Imaginary Illusion

How did I get here & Where am I going?
Old 10-26-2009, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaginaryIllusion View Post
Sorry wasn't able to make it...but I hear from those that were it was a good time.

Cheers.
Next time!

Poly Events All Over
Old 10-27-2009, 01:47 PM

Thank you for sharing that. It's nice to hear those precious moments when it all falls into place.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:32 PM

I drove home in the dark this morning with Mono on his bike beside me all bound up in his winter riding gear. We drove through the city to his work and my home (which are a block from each other) and I was completely content. I am so in love with him, so in love with my life and so pleased with how it is all turning out. Everyone seems to be happy and content and getting what they need and want out of our relationships. My hands were warmed by the heat pad I was using, the heater hummed to warm the car up and my heart was warmed by the silence of the morning and the meditation of my love for those I hold close to me and protect in it's folds.
Old 10-29-2009, 06:30 AM

After work, Redpepper and I got together for a walk and coffee. We talked about the forums and about recent comments about our future expectations. She took me to a house and, as we stood in front of it, she asked if I could see us all living in it. I admit my initial reaction was a non commital shrug and a simple "it looks too close". The thing was, she was asking me if I could imagine us living in that house as we are now but I was looking into the future and injecting "what if's". I essentially set myself up in a place of uncomfortablility before answering. Once she re-framed and clarified the question the answer was simple and a definitive yes.

I want her in my life forever, she wants me in her life forever..that much is clear, regardless if my vision of the future is not as clear as hers we both want the same thing...and so our journey continues

Poly Events All Over

Last edited by MonoVCPHG; 10-29-2009 at 02:41 PM.
Old 10-29-2009, 03:23 PM

"but I was looking into the future and injecting "what if's". I essentially set myself up in a place of uncomfortablility before answering"

I'm the poly one in my relationship, and I do this far more than my Mono husband. He and my dom ask me about the future sometimes and I always seem to qualify it with "that depends on..."

I like the idea of just "going with the flow". Wonder how many people do this without realizing it. Thanks for sharing your thought process...it does help some of us to see our own mental quirks.

Tags
family, happiness, happy, hope, living situation, living together, love, moving in, open poly relationships, poly fi, success, vee