Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 09-28-2011, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrisAwakened View Post
While I am glad to hear many points of view on the subject, MT couldn't have summed up my thoughts better. Thank you MT for pointing out that this is a mere analogy, not a truth about my depth of feelings for people (because, if it were that shallow, I would just go out for ice cream).
It's cheaper than a relationship!
Old 09-28-2011, 06:50 AM

The room analogy and the icecream analogy as monogamy is kind of stifling to me. I guess that is what monogamy was to me also, but I would like to suggest that this is all a matter of degree. It wasn't monogamy that is stifling to me, but the type of relationships I had. Ones where cheating was sitting too close to someone I was interested in. Sex? Out of the question... and that to me is where the analogies work in entirety.

I like to think that I can and would be monogamous again if I were in a position where by I could be close to others and just not cross certain lines (sexual ones I suspect) again. Poly and monogamy are not far off from one another.... they are both negotiable in terms of what kind of relationship you want to share with someone and possibly others.

Hell, you could eat ice cream together or with someone else and it be incredible again or you could build different rooms with others or with one person and be just as satisfied.

Tags
analogies, analogy