Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-22-2011, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minxxa View Post
I definitely feel like my basic identity I thought I had in my mind is going away and I'm not sure what's going to replace it. It's a bit freaky... but good.

Funny about the "I don't know" ... I was just telling hubs this past weekend that I'm definitely seeing I don't know as much as I thought I did and I'm just going to accept that I don't know what the hell's going on and just go with it and see where it takes me.
I strongly sense about you that your threshold here is not from one self image to another but much more radical than that, and that you and I are walking the same amazing path, one which leads beyond dependence on self-images altogether. It is not that we will not have self-image, but that we will be less and less and still less identified with these, and thus much more fluid and flexible in our lives. Much more capable of conscious self-and-life creation in the moment. Our lives are artworks. Our selves are works of art. And we're becoming more and more free to paint and sculpt these as we like, rooted in our true nature.

Please look deeper than images for the source of value: yours and that of the world, others.... Look to "essence". To beyond images and thoughts, deeper in. You will readily discover there, deep within, your own essential--and limitless--value and worth, which you can live as mystery but can never grasp and know. Only in living it in each fresh moment does it live and grow and transform and heal.

To be fully alive is to be always changing, in every moment. This is why self-knowledge is always limited, however useful it may be. Think of the usefulness of self-knowledge as like the usefulness of maps, which are never the territory and always very limited. It takes much courage to be fully alive, because one is dying and being born continuously.

Laugh at any arising tendencies to seek comfort in the familiar when the familiar is paltry and small. Lift your sails and ... enjoy!

River's Blog

Tags
content, contentment, emotions, feelings, happiness, happy