Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 09-21-2011, 09:26 PM

bleh.

Not happy, not sad, not mad just not......feeling?????

Emotionally numb, that's it.

Frustrated.....communication with Possibility totally freaking sucks!

Son is a joy to have around most of the time .
Old 09-21-2011, 09:41 PM

Feeling alot better this afternoon. I even have energy to clean up a bit and finish folding the laundry. I hate being sick, so I'll take the few hours of feeling good to accomplish something while I can.
Old 09-21-2011, 11:17 PM

Just got back from meeting a new client for a cat-sitting gig I took on. Will be visiting this woman's kitty twice a day for 2 weeks, making a little bit of cash, so that's good.

But I am so sad now... this woman is a hoarder. Now I can be a mess, and messy places don't tend to get to me too much, but... this woman lives in a luxury high-rise and her big apartment is filled with boxes, bags, and junk, with little paths winding through the rooms. Her cat's dishes and water bowl was surrounded by bottles of cleaning supplies (I moved them away), and she couldn't find the instructions she said she had printed out for me.

The dishes and utensils were all spotless on the dish rack. The bathroom was clean and smelled nice, actually. The china cabinet was full of sparkling crystal glasses and expensive china. The rest of the place was a disaster zone, with crap piled high and just a little spot on her huge L-shaped sofa to sit, and I could literally feel how depressed this woman is.

I think it jarred me because it reminded me of my mother. She wasn't quite a hoarder, but close to it, with many mental issues, and was very sad and depressed for years. I don't think I would accept this job if it weren't for the fact that I know she's leaving tomorrow and the cat needs someone. Oy, the poor cat.

*heavy sigh*

"Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me." ~Bryan Ferry
"Love and the self are one . . ." ~Leo Buscaglia "

An excellent blog post on hierarchy in polyamory:
solopoly.net/2014/10/31/why-im-not-a-secondary-partner-the-short-version/
Old 09-22-2011, 11:51 AM

I hear you on hoarders, Cindie. miss pixi's dad and brother are hoarders. It really fucked up her childhood (among other fucked up things). Their yard is full of stuff too, not just the house. I counted 6 tractors, a camper, about 4 old cars, 4 boats, and all kinds of other equipment, all rusting away. Such a sickness.

My boss (whose kids I nanny for) is wealthy. They live in a McMansion and could stock a Toys R Us with all the toys and clothes she's collected for her kids. Plus all the other stuff she has lying around. She does keep things organized somewhat, but god... get rid of something! Her daughter has, I swear, 50 pairs of pants and 50 dresses in her size... She owns 1 dozen baby carriers for the babies. Yet the babies don't seem to have any pajamas for cool weather in their size.

A friend of mine said, when I told her about this family, when you're lower income, you're a hoarder. When you're wealthy, you're a collector.

Be careful in that woman's house. I hope nothing falls on you.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37
Old 09-22-2011, 03:02 PM

Tritto on feeling-you on the hoarding thing.

I have a male friend who`s ex-wife was a hoarder to such a extent, she ended up on one of those hoarding show`s. He ended up having to leave her, because he was terrified their children would be taken away.

It left the whole family with a lot of emotional issues.

Good point Mags on the poor vs rich thing.

How am I doing,.hmmm,..good ! Going out with my lover-friend tonight, as we probably won`t see each other for a month afterwards. Our schedules don`t line up for a few weeks. Bittersweet, as that will allow me to catch-up with a couple other people.

It feels like a Friday,..but isn`t. Bummer.

Last edited by SourGirl; 09-22-2011 at 03:36 PM.
Old 09-23-2011, 03:21 PM

Happy. Full. Easily amused.
Old 09-23-2011, 05:15 PM

Sick. My semi-annual cold coming on. Oil of oregano, orange juice & a tomato tea will be my constant companions for the next few days.

Living vicariously through a friend right now That's fun

My Journey to Health and Fitness
My Journey as a Widow

Jane
Old 09-23-2011, 08:52 PM

Feeling a bit tired and worn-out today, but emotionally okay.

"Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me." ~Bryan Ferry
"Love and the self are one . . ." ~Leo Buscaglia "

An excellent blog post on hierarchy in polyamory:
solopoly.net/2014/10/31/why-im-not-a-secondary-partner-the-short-version/
Old 09-24-2011, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magdlyn View Post
A friend of mine said, when I told her about this family, when you're lower income, you're a hoarder. When you're wealthy, you're a collector.
Like Crazy VS Eccentric.

As for how I'm doing? Slightly stressed due to sudden, unexpected money problems. However being poor for so long and never having any money I know how to handle these issues. I'm a damned anteater.

Other then that, good. Hours at work are going to start picking up soon, the cooler weather makes me happy, spend several hours last night catching up with an old friend who is going through a hard time, and looking forward to some good things that are coming down the pipe at me. Also it dawned on me I haven't had a major depression swing in several months. This makes me happy.

So I'm listening to older music and doing some light reading. Life's not great, but it is good.
Old 09-24-2011, 12:13 AM

A bit tired today; stayed up way to late cuddling with Wendigo after game ran late last night. I had hoped for sexy time with my guys, but I was way too tired after game ran late to do more than think about it. This weekend is gonna be busy with our sons birthday party.

Tags
checking in, chit-chat, community, conversation, status, update