Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 09-19-2011, 11:28 PM

Feeling a mix of disappointment and determination.

Went back to Jenny Craig today and met with my counselor there, whom I haven't seen in a few months. I didn't go there for a long time because I was broke, but now I'm realizing it actually saves me money to buy their food (and most of it's really tasty and good!), so what was I thinking? Anyway, I weighed in and was very disappointed to learn that I gained back 15 lbs over the summer. I have my week's supply now, have to go and buy some fruit and yogurt, and get back on track.

Back on track with my eating, back on track with school, back on track with money, back on track with my love life. It's all about starting over for me!!! I need for find a way to stay excited and not get discouraged.

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 09-20-2011, 03:44 AM

Feeling a bit off.

I can`t really describe it. Happy with those close to me, but sick of people`s shit, elsewhere. *shrug* It happens.
Old 09-20-2011, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie View Post

Back on track with my eating, back on track with school, back on track with money, back on track with my love life. It's all about starting over for me!!! I need for find a way to stay excited and not get discouraged.
You can really feel the positive energy in this post! Keep your pretty chin up and trust that people are wishing the best for you. Good to hear!

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 09-20-2011, 08:43 AM

After a major breakdown last night, realized I should start following my own advice. Made a conscious decision to work on not being a doormat. Finally realized that I was making sacrifices that no one asked me to make and was making my family just as miserable as I was. Thank goodness for friends who ask the tough questions...and pay enough attention to catch me through my false cheerfulness. (I was trying to fake it till I made it...I guess it wasn't working lol) Felt better all day, even knowing I have a lot of hard work to do. ^.^
Old 09-20-2011, 11:25 AM

Feeling like I let my whole family down, and the worst part is that I was told I failed my test on purpose. I am such a retarded person for even attempting to be a massage therapist.
Old 09-20-2011, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4everu2 View Post
Feeling like I let my whole family down, and the worst part is that I was told I failed my test on purpose.
He was an insensitive ass!

Quote:
I am such a retarded person for even attempting to be a massage therapist.
NO your not! Those tests are can be tricky, you are not the first to have to take it more than once and won't be the last. Better luck on the next one!
Old 09-20-2011, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4everu2 View Post
Feeling like I let my whole family down, and the worst part is that I was told I failed my test on purpose. I am such a retarded person for even attempting to be a massage therapist.
Anatomy, physiology, and kinesiology are hard subjects, and I'm sure the test included questions about business ethics and such. LT, use this as a learning experience. Are you able to get the results so you can find out where your weak areas are? If so, review it and study again. See if you can find more study materials that can help you, meet with other massage students for a study group, and see if a working therapist will mentor you. Everyone learns differently and responds to the pressure of test-taking differently. Take your time until you feel confident in all areas before re-taking the test.

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 09-20-2011, 08:57 PM

Feeling a bit lost, but not entirely in a bad way?

Am taking a bit of a "sacred pause" as Tara Brach calls it in Radical self-acceptance.

Have been letting go of actions and behaviors I use as shields to try to protect myself, and am just sitting a bit in the uncomfortableness, feeling the feelings and existing for a while. Not trying to fix anything, not trying to be a better person. Just being me.

It's odd. And scary. And freeing. Did I mention odd?

Is it possible that I can just be me without thinking about everything and still have people care about me? Interesting thoughts...
Old 09-20-2011, 09:05 PM

Feeling pretty good, not in a ton of pain, had some special time with my wife, now chatting away with the girlfriend. The weather is nice, got dinner figured out, so I don't have to go back out(I have anxiety/agorophobia so getting out is a big deal) Just taking life as it comes.
Old 09-21-2011, 02:39 PM

Doing alright. Taking babysteps towards living a more authentic life. Enjoying conversations with new friends Working on being more than *just* good enough.

My Journey to Health and Fitness
My Journey as a Widow

Jane

Tags
checking in, chit-chat, community, conversation, status, update