Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-18-2011, 01:40 PM
Default Hello...

My name is Kat. I'm completely new to the concept of being in a relationship with a man who is already married; however, M would be the man I would (and am) consider and explore it for.

Background. M and I have known each other for 18 years. We were both married when we met, and, despite this palpable, undeniable connection, we chose to remain faithful. I have since divorced, he is still married.
Through the years, we have kept in close contact and a few years ago, after my divorce, we finally broke down and just laid it all on the table. He has stated that he wants us to have a relationship - either by me joining his or us having our own, separate from them.

I love him. With every ounce of my being, I love him. I've never been envious or jealous of his marriage. I am completely confident with how he feels about me... I know he loves me.

So, being new to all of this I have a lot of questions. I want to know if he's broached this subject with his wife... and how does she feel about having a third person in their life? How does he envision it working if I moved in, or if we had our separate home. How does he plan to share himself with both of us?

For those of you in this situation, what are some things I need to think about, for my own health in this situation?

I'm sure I'll be back with more questions and appreciate any and all advice you can give.