Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 09-04-2011, 04:48 PM

How I'm feeling today is markedly different than yesterday afternoon

Today - feeling pretty good about life and in a much better frame of mind. Thank gawd for hot tubs

My Journey to Health and Fitness
My Journey as a Widow

Jane
Old 09-06-2011, 02:03 PM

First day of school.

'Nuff said

My Journey to Health and Fitness
My Journey as a Widow

Jane
Old 09-06-2011, 06:56 PM

tired, my wife had her tubes tied this morning, had to be at the hospital at 5:30, didn't get to sleep till 3. Relieved that it's over, and the wife is sleeping peacefully
Old 09-06-2011, 10:24 PM

Great !

Did well in competition this past w/e, and brought home some moolah. YAY.

Last edited by SourGirl; 09-06-2011 at 10:26 PM. Reason: ..cause I fucked up slang. ( yeah,..I know.)
Old 09-06-2011, 10:34 PM

Awwwwwwwwwwwesome.

Made some flares out of some old jeans and bits of purple fabric. Plus a Bolt Thrower patch to cover a hole. Been wearing them out and not caring what people thing. 35 years out of date it may be but I've finally found a style of dressing that I'm 100% comfortable with.

Been jamming with people with varying degrees of success. People with analogue gear are awesome, people with digital gear less so.

Plus the poly thing finally came up in conversation with B and it turns out it wouldn't have worked with her anyway as she said she can see why people would do it but couldn't be in that kind of relationship, which is fair enough. Now I can properly let go and get on with being her friend.

Atomic Tangerine - Guitar and amp blog.
Old 09-09-2011, 01:36 AM

doing pretty damn good. Have the gaming group over (one skyped in because his wife had to work) and we're doing character creation for a Scion (table top RPG for those who are curious). To top it off, Wendigo is sitting here next to me.
Old 09-09-2011, 02:04 AM

Not so great. Our only car broke down this week. Hubby ignored my requests to look at it over the last month (it's been getting worse). While $600 is not a huge bill its more than we have this month. Due to all our activities and the issues with the car, I'm feeling really disconected to hubby right now and I'm not sure what to do about it.
Old 09-09-2011, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNeacail View Post
Not so great. Our only car broke down this week. Hubby ignored my requests to look at it over the last month (it's been getting worse). While $600 is not a huge bill its more than we have this month. Due to all our activities and the issues with the car, I'm feeling really disconected to hubby right now and I'm not sure what to do about it.
I'm sorry, SNeacail. Runic Wolf and I treated his check engine light as the we need to change the oil light b/c it would go off once we changed the oil; that is until our transmission totally crapped out on us back in June. We had to use all the remaining money from his step father's death benefits to pay for it, which left nothing in the fund to fix the minor repairs on my new used car, so I know how frustrating that can be.
Old 09-09-2011, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Our only car broke down this week. Hubby ignored my requests to look at it over the last month . . . I'm feeling really disconected to hubby right now and I'm not sure what to do about it.
Sounds like you're a bit irritated with him. Maybe some forgiveness will help.

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 09-09-2011, 07:21 PM

Quote:
I feel your pain. I had a fight with my husband not to long ago about this very thing! Turns out, he didn't ignore me...he was avoiding the whole thing because he had a feeling about what it was n knew we didn't have enough cash to fix it... Anyway, take a deep breath, and talk things over with the hubby before your feelings stew for too long. (if you're anything like me that is) If you have a tendency to blow up when you get emotional (again this is more me lol) you might want to write things down first so you can sound more calm n logical when you talk. Good luck!

BTW, feel great for the first time in a long time! Having fun with my toddler, playing in the backyard (finally got her to put her clothes back on), playing Dance Central and laughing watching her "help" me clean. Missing my BF and my husband, but glad I can put off repeating the jealousy discussion with the BF for a little while.

Tags
checking in, chit-chat, community, conversation, status, update