Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 09-07-2011, 10:14 PM

Smile Hello =^.^=

I'm new here. I'm a bi-curious, poly, married woman and mother of three. I've been married for 16 yrs, but I've been with my husband for 20 yrs. Looking back, my husband and I have been poly for a long time. Neither of us had heard the term until recently.

We struggled so much in the beginning of our relationship trying to be "normal". Both of us have fallen in and out of love with other people over the years. We tried hanging out with some swingers in our area, but it just wasn't for us. We are just not that casual about sex and tend to be pretty cautious about who we invite into our house, let alone our bedroom, and are even more careful about introducing any friends to our children. We have always had an open marriage, but rarely act on it. I always tell him what is going on when it comes to other relationships, and it works for us. Right now I am struggling with a close friendship that's aiming for more. He is mono and started out saying it didn't bother him that I am married, but is now having problems understanding that I will not even consider leaving my husband. I've always been honest about my relationship with my husband, and my feelings, but this confusion still happens. (This has happened a few times now and is pretty frustrating for me.) I've learned that no matter who I fall for, or what happens. I am still very much in love with my husband and will very likely stay this way. I simply have a lot of aloha and am willing to share it with those I care about. I am very affectionate with family, friends...and others.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:13 PM

Welcome to the Forum.

-Imaginary Illusion

How did I get here & Where am I going?
Old 09-08-2011, 05:44 PM

Mahalo! Thank you very much!
Old 09-08-2011, 06:30 PM

Welcome to the forum.

Your frustration issues, have happened to me too. I went through this, where I felt like no matter how much I explained my love, life with my husband and 'ohana' ( ), ...the other person was always hoping for something more. You get a few relationships in a row like this,..it does get frustrating.

I think I have identified the problems for myself, I hope you are able to figure out yours as well.
Old 09-08-2011, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourGirl View Post
Welcome to the forum.

Your frustration issues, have happened to me too. I went through this, where I felt like no matter how much I explained my love, life with my husband and 'ohana' ( ), ...the other person was always hoping for something more. You get a few relationships in a row like this,..it does get frustrating.

I think I have identified the problems for myself, I hope you are able to figure out yours as well.
Mahalo. It means so much to know that someone understands. I was really doubting myself and my communication skills, but I'm still trying and still talking...hoping someone will eventually hear and understand what I'm saying and accept me the way I am...instead of trying to make me give up everything.