Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 05-07-2009, 09:32 PM

Default Outed!

Soooo...wife #2 and I met at a homeschool co-op we belong to. She was on the phone with one of the other members, whom I'll call M, last night and made a comment about things being crazy in her life and maybe someday she'd tell M about it. M apparently said, "Oh do you mean about the polyamory thing? Oh we've all known about it for a year and we're all okay with it."

A year? We've only known for sure ourselves for about a month. I wish they would have told us. I guess we've been outed!
Old 05-08-2009, 02:36 AM

So it was obvious to everybody else that you were gonna end up together before it became obvious to you? That's a tale to polish up for the grandchildren.
Old 05-09-2009, 08:25 PM

Definitely! I guess we all put out vibes and didn't know. It sure explains some things that the other moms have been giggling about! But I've also been thinking, wow, how wonderful that our friends could accept it without even being asked!
Old 05-09-2009, 11:24 PM

People are often more "intuitive" than we give them/us credit for.
Old 05-13-2009, 04:35 PM

AMEN!! We were so surprised when we told our friends about our lifestyle. Didn't lose a single one! Some don't get it, but they at least respect it and accept it. That's really all I could ask for.
Old 05-14-2009, 03:02 AM

luckily we (well my BF and GF1 and me) are involved in another alternative lifetyle as well - but since i've only been on the scene with them the last couple of months - we still odd looks from some of our friends - especially when like GF1 and me will be at one event with him and GF2 and GF1 another event (this happened last week as i was down for the count with a migraine).
Old 05-14-2009, 12:23 PM

LOL We think it's funny when people outside of our circle see the three of us together. We make no bones about what we are and therefore we are affectionate in public. It's humorous when people start whispering when they see me kiss each of them, or hold their hands. We're an open book and wish that more people would ask questions, but until they do we're gonna continue blowing their minds. LOL

Live life to the fullest 'cause you never know if you're gonna wake up tomorrow!
Old 05-14-2009, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny40179 View Post
LOL We think it's funny when people outside of our circle see the three of us together. We make no bones about what we are and therefore we are affectionate in public. It's humorous when people start whispering when they see me kiss each of them, or hold their hands. We're an open book and wish that more people would ask questions, but until they do we're gonna continue blowing their minds. LOL
Man I could only dream about a society where this would be totally normal and common for everyone to share love and intimacy like that
Old 05-14-2009, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olivier View Post
Man I could only dream about a society where this would be totally normal and common for everyone to share love and intimacy like that
I know what you mean Oliver. It definately sucks that there are people that stare and make comments, but I think a healthy dose of I don't give a f*ck helps. My wives and I life our life the way we choose to live our life. No one pays our bills other than us therefore their opinions mean nothing. And that extends to our families as well.

Why deny yourself what makes you happy because someone else doesn't agree?? Yeah, I can't answer that question either.

Live life to the fullest 'cause you never know if you're gonna wake up tomorrow!
Old 05-14-2009, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny40179 View Post
I know what you mean Oliver. It definately sucks that there are people that stare and make comments, but I think a healthy dose of I don't give a f*ck helps. My wives and I life our life the way we choose to live our life. No one pays our bills other than us therefore their opinions mean nothing. And that extends to our families as well.

Why deny yourself what makes you happy because someone else doesn't agree?? Yeah, I can't answer that question either.
Oh no I fully agree, and I don't care much either what others think. But I was imagining a world where everyone was polyamourous sharing the love, helping and caring for eachother