Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 09-08-2011, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie View Post
How? How? I need to know how to be quiet! That is something I could never do. I don't know why, but I just can't be quiet. In fact, I have had neighbors complain to the super and my landlord about the noise coming from my apartment -- once when I was married (I bought that neighbor earplugs and left it in front of his door, the bastard!), and once recently. Oy, it was really embarrassing to find a very polite note from my super asking me to be quiet. What could I do? Once, in my early twenties, my sister was at college and talking to a classmate, and it turns out he knew an old boyfriend of mine. The guy said to her, "Oh, your sister is The Screamer!!!???" She was mortified.
I think some people, really can't be quiet ... I've been with guys who couldn't stop moaning, and my best friend's partner is a total screamer, even when it's inconvenient and she knows she needs to be quiet.

For me, being "noisy" means turning off the filter that's in place keeping me quiet. (Ha. One of the few filters I seem to have!) There are also some sex acts that make it ... difficult to be quiet. So I avoid those when I need to. it's not worth being disrespectful to other people in the house, and we still get alone time in the house as couples at least once a week. (Indigo and I get more because of Mr. A's schedule, but he makes sure Mr. A and I get a few solid hours minimum, even if he has to leave.)

Last edited by nycindie; 05-05-2014 at 02:43 AM.
Old 09-08-2011, 04:06 AM

I'm not so good at quiet either . I've been teased by friends staying in the same campground as us one summer that they could hear me, quite clearly, from 8 spots away. I try to be quiet...and fail.
Old 09-08-2011, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derbylicious View Post
I try to be quiet...and fail.
No comment

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 09-08-2011, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derbylicious View Post
I'm not so good at quiet either . I've been teased by friends staying in the same campground as us one summer that they could hear me, quite clearly, from 8 spots away. I try to be quiet...and fail.

Heehee. Awesome.

Last edited by TruckerPete; 09-08-2011 at 10:47 AM. Reason: Font size change. Much more effective
Old 09-08-2011, 12:54 PM

One of the reasons I love Sex at Dawn~~ its insistence on how women are noisy when cumming because they are meant to be attracting other lovers to stand in line for when Guy A is done.

Last night, I was in the mood, miss pixi was... not so much. I sure coulda used some reinforcements. sigh.... I hate being mono.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37
Old 09-08-2011, 02:19 PM

I actually have to kind of force it to make any noise at all. I wouldn't say it's faking but it's a bit like with eating, I don't usually make big "mmmh" sounds whenever I like what I'm eating. I just eat it.
I don't think I could ever scream. Even the noise I do make couldn't be heard from the next room, for sure. Probably not even with the door open.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:07 PM

I don't do it on purpose, but I am really a screamer. Yes, I scream. My poor neighbors! I'm sure the whole building can hear me. I've tried to be quiet but I just don't know how! Maybe if I didn't like to get slammed so hard...

Last night, coincidentally, an old rerun of Friends was on -- the one where Monica makes "sex sounds" when Phoebe gives her a massage. Monica's going "Oh yeah, Oh god, yes, that's it. Oh yes, Phoebe!" And at the end, Phoebe gets into it: "That's right, say my name!" and then they both get bashful. Pretty funny!

"Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me." ~Bryan Ferry
"Love and the self are one . . ." ~Leo Buscaglia "

An excellent blog post against hierarchy in polyamory: http://solopoly.net/2014/10/31/why-i...short-version/
Old 09-09-2011, 12:08 AM

We went from separate apartments to living on top of each other. It was hard for a time with Mono downstairs and feeling like there was space, but this is INSANE! I can't imagine negotiating when to have sex with who but it feels like I have to start. Ahhhh! I feel passed around and am going crazy for space right now!

Mono got himself set up in my room. It was a difficult matter to find room to practice my number last night. Right now I am hiding in the car.

With this and everything else going on in my life I think I'm going to bust!

At least they came and meassured for floors. Some movement forward.

Plastering a smile on and picking up the boy.

Last edited by redpepper; 09-09-2011 at 12:14 AM.
Old 09-09-2011, 01:22 AM

I understand this. To get my space, I tend to occupy whatever bedroom is not in use, or the one that is "opposite" of whoever is home. So, if Indigo is home, I go to Mr. A's room, and vice versa. This way, I find that there's a little more thought from everyone involved that I'm in a space they wouldn't normally walk into unannounced, so they remember that I'm having my time.

I know your family offered to put Mono up; perhaps you could use a break for a night or two with them instead?

Anyway, just thoughts, which are probably all rubbish because you can throw everything out when kids are involved, but you're all in my thoughts.
Old 09-09-2011, 01:33 AM

Yes, child involved hikes it up 100%. I am missing not only quiet, physical space and my own time but also my stuff. Everyone who has read here knows how much I love my room. I miss my room! My things, my freedom to di as I please. It's a coming, patience, I know. Its not like it isn't there, just not right now.

Tags
bdsm, boundaries, breaking up, casual sex, children, coming out, coming out to family, communication, family, foundations, kids, ldr, ldrs, mono poly, mono poly dating nature, mono/poly, moving in, negotiations, poly-fi, poly-fidelous, redpepper, rules, swinging, third partner, vee