Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 10-27-2009, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshinegrl View Post
I love this forum. Its been a great source of information for us. I do dislike the lack of privacy that is an issue for me. I think if the Fireplace ( or another part) was more Private (members only) I would be more comfortable sharing other factor in my life, pics and things. I think Forums are generally a great place to meet like minded people and seek support and varying opinions. I also must say I have meet some very important people in my life on forums.
It WOULD be cool if there was at least ONE forum on here where ONLY members could talk. I think that would ROCK. Then as we get to know one another we could be a little more frank as a "group". Instead of only in PM's.

I think even possibly limiting it to senior members so the people in that room ARE regulars...
As for me-I don't care who knows about me-and would put my pic up-but I have no good pics of me right now.I have great ones from years back-but recent ones tend to be me in jammies with a baby (nice for us but not to share!).
Just told Maca we needed to fix that. I like bexandben's pic. I would love to something like that where Maca and I were together in my avatar!
Old 10-27-2009, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidelia View Post
Crap!

I just wrote four paragraphs about how much I love this forum and all you guys, when I accidently refreshed the d*** page and lost it all!

Forum good. Love forum. Ugh.
OH bummer!!
Old 10-27-2009, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingRadiance View Post

I think even possibly limiting it to senior members so the people in that room ARE regulars...
Although I wouldn't want anyone to feel excluded, I think there is something to this. But instead of a senior member's area, perhaps a Family of Trust area. For those of us that have connected beyond the confines of our online personas? It would be so hard to do without offending or seeming elitest.

BTW all the responses on here have been as expected! Thanks to the creators and moderators for providing this space of sharing and keeping us in line when emotions run too hot even for poly people.

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 10-27-2009, 01:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
Although I wouldn't want anyone to feel excluded, I think there is something to this. But instead of a senior member's area, perhaps a Family of Trust area. For those of us that have connected beyond the confines of our online personas? It would be so hard to do without offending or seeming elitest.
Indeed.

I can honestly say that if such a place existed on this site, I probably wouldn't have lasted very long here. Such structures tend to stratify things pretty quickly and do exclude a lot of people from conversations without a very good reason. There would be a lot of valuable thoughts and perspectives that would be missed if certain conversations were only allowed to the "initiated" or those who are "in the club". My perspectives don't magically change after my 100th post. For me it makes a forum seem much less welcoming, and I'm pretty passionate about welcoming inclusive places.

This is a forum, not a club. I don't see the need to be so possessive of a public posting webspace. There are plenty of ways for people to maintain closer connections as friendships develop outside of this website. For me, this is a place where things start. It doesn't have to be the place where we close things off to people are are starting.
Old 10-27-2009, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceoli View Post
Indeed.

This is a forum, not a club. I don't see the need to be so possessive of a public posting webspace. There are plenty of ways for people to maintain closer connections as friendships develop outside of this website. For me, this is a place where things start. It doesn't have to be the place where we close things off to people are are starting.
Agreed...thanks for that Ceoli

Poly Events All Over
Old 10-27-2009, 01:36 AM

Yeah but we should AT LEAST make an exclusive section where only people with a thousand posts can speak/view.

I heard that Mono is so Mono that he might really like that.

Old 10-27-2009, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenearthal View Post

I heard that Mono is so Mono that he might really like that.

I think I'd be all alone...how mono is that!!.....even too mono for me

Poly Events All Over
Old 10-27-2009, 01:41 AM

(Sometimes I PM myself secrets. But if anyone asks, you didn't hear that from me.)
Old 10-27-2009, 01:43 AM

Haha!!....I mean.....ok

Poly Events All Over
Old 10-27-2009, 01:53 AM
Custodian

If you want to talk to more than one person in PM at the same time (no Mono jokes necessary, it's getting a bit like Beavis and Butthead "He said mono, huhuhuh"), you can separate each username with a semicolon.

Alex, copy and paste this into that other help thread on forum usage for me, will you? I'm just way too lazy to do it myself kthxbai.