Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 08-28-2011, 07:03 AM

The only one who can really answer that is your SO, truthfully.

For me, I don't care. If one of my partners is flirting, I'm hoping that she gets some response. I think she's amazing, having others recognize it is kinda cool for me.

Myself, I don't flirt. I've always found it annoying. I just live and do whatever. My relationships always spring from close friendships and always when I'm not looking for one, so it's just not my "weapon of choice".
Old 08-29-2011, 11:49 PM

I am a huge flirt. It comes with the terrority of being in the military and being a dancer. My gf is ok with this. I was that way before. I tend to stop when I am in a relationship but since she is poly I have free reign on this aspect of my life.
Old 08-30-2011, 07:45 PM

I get accused of being a flirt all the time by Redpepper. In humorous and playful way

I'm monogamous so I feel completely safe in chatting with whoever but I guess that could be seen as teasing as opposed to flirting.

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 08-30-2011, 11:04 PM

I flirt all the time, the wife and gf find it charming, I don't know I'm doing it most of the time, jealousy doesn't work for us, so we just aren't jealous.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:32 PM

Question finding someone

i was wanting to know how do you go about finding like minded people, i have tried the poly dating sites, craigslist, social networking, going places. i have found a few but when they see im married they run far away from me.

im getting discouraged, any help here. ay suggestions would be greatly apprciated
Old 09-07-2011, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travislang View Post
i was wanting to know how do you go about finding like minded people, i have tried the poly dating sites, craigslist, social networking, going places. i have found a few but when they see im married they run far away from me.

im getting discouraged, any help here. ay suggestions would be greatly apprciated
try doing a search on here in the tags for "dating" and see what comes up. Other than that, look for poly friends first. Its amazing what just happens
Old 09-11-2011, 11:06 PM

Default red papper

i just wanted to say thank you. i tried remaking my okc account stating friends, and it worked.
Old 11-04-2011, 12:26 PM

Default How Married Men Meet Women

Just like the title says.

My husband and I are ready to start dating. We would love to invite another woman to our family. But we realize that could take a long time. We have agreed that it would be nice to date independently too.

So we joined okcupid. We made our own profiles. I've gotten a lot of bites because I'm a girl.

He hasn't gotten any replies. He's attractive (yes I know I'm bias). He is a professional (petrophysics engineer). He has so many great qualities. I even helped him make his profile. But so far nothing.

I'm wondering if it's because the women he messages are turned off when they look at his profile and it says he is happily married in a poly relationship.

So how does a married poly guy enter the dating scene?
Old 11-04-2011, 12:28 PM

Has he tried looking for women who say they're poly in their profiles, maybe who are also married?
Old 11-04-2011, 12:48 PM

There do not seem to be very many of them.

We live in the south and there doesn't seem to be as big a crowd of poly people as in some other states.

Tags
advise, approaching someone, asking people out, dating, dating friends, dating sites, finding someone, first time, flirting, like-minded, married and dating, meet ups, meeting new partners, meeting people, new to polyamory, okc, online dating, poly dating, primary, primary/secondary, quad dating, secondary, sex, small town, solo, third partner, thirds, tips