Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 09-05-2011, 03:32 AM

Default Totally new...

So I stumbled onto the notion of polyamory completely accidentally as I was in the midst of extricating myself from a 4 year mono relationship and got involved with a guy who is poly at heart but hadn't had success finding women who were not seeking mono relationships. We worked out well because I now have no further interest in being in exclusive relationships. He also then got involved with a woman who was initially seeking a mono relationship but has been willing to explore poly. So here the 3 of us are - all trying to navigate the complexities of it in an open, adult way. I am happy to find that the necessity for open and honest communication and negotiation has forced me to grow in ways that I never did in mono relationships. I love the underlying idea of community that poly can incorporate - she and I have met once but we don't all hang out at this point (though I wouldn't be averse to that some day), yet we have a mutual respect for each other. I love the idea of all of us being able to have other lovers who are all aware of each other, who, if they were not comfortable hanging out together, are at least ok with running into each other now and then. Relationships that don't have to hidden or compartmentalized. I am certainly finding that, just between the 3 of us at this point, there are challenges and complexities, but I feel like, because we are the right mix of people, they can be navigated, and I look forward to extending that outward.
So, as this is all essentially new, but very exciting, to me, I'll look forward to reading about other people's experiences, challenges, and resolutions.
Old 09-05-2011, 06:51 PM

Welcome to the Forum.

-Imaginary Illusion

How did I get here & Where am I going?