Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Spirituality & Polyamory

Notices

Old 01-05-2009, 07:35 PM

Default Liberated Christian Polyamory

I would first like to point out that I am not a Christian, I am a proud atheist and I plan to remain that way for the rest of my natural life until I start seeing some evidence that there is a god. Seriously.

But this website looks very sane, so if you have family members who wonder whether or not you are being true to your Christian morals, I would like to recommend a website called Liberated Christian Polyamoury, which is a website which helps people reconcile their Christian faith with their polyamorous desires.

http://www.libchrist.com/

Peace,
Jessica
Old 01-09-2009, 06:19 PM

I'm athiest too, but that's pretty cool! I'm always a fan of people feeling better about themselves whatever they believe.

And interestingly, I just came across this NPR story on these people selling Christian sex toys, which I liked for the same reason.
Old 03-15-2009, 02:18 AM

Default Christian

I am a christian living in the Bible belt of Ky. up until about 6 months ago my life was very normal, than my wife came home with a girlfriend. I didn't know I could love two people but I have fallen in love with her and my wife loves her very much also. My question is: Spiritually are we out of the will of God, 6 months ago I would say yes, but I have been doing a study on the subject and God and Jesus says, we are far better off with one mate but does not say we can't have more than one . Any help out there.

Duane
Old 04-18-2009, 07:10 AM

Default The Litmus Test

Duane,

Do you complete both women emotionally and sexually? If yes, love is at the heart of Christianity.
Old 04-18-2009, 12:33 PM

Default duane

rickrock
Thank you and I agree, most of my family and the community in which I live do not. Our relationship is almost a year old now and we still have our daysb but for the mosy part we are growing closer everyday. Again thanks
Old 05-02-2009, 06:17 PM

Duane:

I am a Christian as well. And I agree with what you have found in your research. As most of the people on here say, this life style isn't for everyone. I wish I could say I was able to be in a polyagmist relationship, but my feelings aren't open enough for it. My husband and I are happy. Though I did fall in love with someone else, it made my husband more intuned with me to fill the hole I had previously that helped to find someone else to fill it. Istill love the other person but couldn't have a family like those I hear described here, for my own personal preferences and my husbands. I wish your family all the best!!!!
Old 08-05-2009, 03:17 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by duane View Post
I am a christian living in the Bible belt of Ky. up until about 6 months ago my life was very normal, than my wife came home with a girlfriend. I didn't know I could love two people but I have fallen in love with her and my wife loves her very much also. My question is: Spiritually are we out of the will of God, 6 months ago I would say yes, but I have been doing a study on the subject and God and Jesus says, we are far better off with one mate but does not say we can't have more than one . Any help out there.

Duane
Do you really want to follow a god that forces you to be unhappy? If god loves all of you so much. Hes poly
Old 08-05-2009, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berserker239 View Post
If god loves all of you so much. Hes poly
I like that!
Old 08-05-2009, 03:24 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandalin View Post
I like that!
Im glad!
Old 08-16-2009, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duane View Post

Duane
I think most people would agree that mankind is comprised of mind, body, and spirit. True, we could debate almost endlessly the definition of spirit, but I think most people recognize that our very essence is linked to a common source of energy, an energy that we have recognized and defined in scientific principels that can be measured and quantified, and that share a commonality throughout the known universe. I am a Christian and have been for most of my life, but to present an argument for, or against, polyamory from my Christian perspective would only place me in one camp as opposed to the other. So I will approach this question from a different perspective. It does not seem to follow logical thinking that we, being a single entity, would be biologically set against ourselves. By that I mean, mind in opposition of body, body in opposition of spirit, and spirit in opposition of one or both of the others. That sounds more like insanity to me. That design, whether by creation, or evolution would be incredibly flawed. We are capable of loving more than one person, and capable of loving more than one gender. I think the restrictions lie within the mores of society. If you look back over history you will see that these very issues have always existed in humanity. Some cultures were open to their natures and embraced and celebrated those natures, others rejected and punished those natures and the resultant behaviors. Some pretty vile things have been done, and are still being done, in the name of spirituality and morality. We are capable of making the choice to embrace and accept loving both emotionally and physically more than one person, and more than one gender. When it comes down to it, either way, we as individuals make that choice. If you are looking for the support of society, well.... how long has mankind been on this earth? That part hasn't been resolved yet. If that is the battle you have been cut out for then good luck. If it's love that you are seeking, follow your heart, it's a significant part of your mind, body, spirit.

Barry

Tags
christianity, faith, information, polyamory, reconciliation