Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

View Poll Results: Are you currently married and practicing poly?
Yes 134 82.21%
No 29 17.79%
Voters: 163. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-17-2011, 10:49 PM

Default Married and Poly?

I am curious as to how many of you are married and practicing poly.
Old 03-18-2011, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RitaFire View Post
I am curious as to how many of you are married and practicing poly.
Yup, though only recently (end of November).
Old 03-18-2011, 01:48 AM
Custodian

Ya, I'm married and I'm "practicing" poly to get ready for the real thing.
Old 03-18-2011, 03:17 AM

I'm married with a boyfriend.
Old 03-18-2011, 01:55 PM

I'm technically married, but separated and divorcing. I practice polyamory with my girlfriend and one other long term sweetie (both relationships of 2 yrs duration and counting). And a string of apparently unsuitable males...
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

There's no lying in polyamory!

I'm a 58 year old woman with 2 partners:
miss pixi, my live-in gf, 36 (together since Jan '09)
Ginger, bf, 61, married, lives nearby (together since Jan '12)
Old 03-18-2011, 02:31 PM

I was curious because many (not all, but many) of the poly people I have encountered so far are either divorced, getting divorced or are separated, or have never been married.

I am wondering how many people are in the same situation as my husband and I. They got married many years ago (at least 10 lets say), with the intention of being monogamous. Then decided to explore poly. I wonder if that causes more emotional distress to one or both partners in the marriage, if the original intention of the marriage was to remain monogamous. Not that things cannot change over the years, we all grow and change.

How many of you married and poly people got married with the original intention of remaining monogamous? And how have you dealt with poly?
Old 03-20-2011, 10:05 PM

Not sure but seems we are moving in that direction. If nothing else then we are opening our marriage to the possibilities...
Old 03-20-2011, 10:52 PM

Hubby and I have been married for 20 years. Just now decided on poly this past year. Currently have a boyfriend, he lives about an hour a way, with the eventual plan for him to move in with us.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:10 PM

Im not sure if I consider we have a poly marriage and we dont consider ourselves swingers. Weve be married 18 years and are extremely close emotionally and sexually. For us I feel this is just exploring our sexual relationship. He is straight and dominant, I am submissive and always felt hetroflexible. I have always fantasised about watching my husband with another woman and he has always want to have sex with another woman while I have to watch. This is about a SM sexual dynamic, and Im curious whether this is the main drive for others.

I started to talk to a divorced friend a couple of years ago, she admited she found this very arousing as she is sexually dominant and would 'get off' on making me watch her with her husband.

We discussed this for about a year, before one night my husband took control of the situation and we played out our fantasy but I was included and there was interaction between me and her as well. Since then we have continued to do this every few weeks and it has developed and is fantastic.

I feel loved by both of them, there is total trust between all three of us, I do not feel less loved by my husband, if anything we are even closer, what still amazes me is that I do not feel any jealously.

At first my husband and I agreed he would not have sex with her without me being there. However, as we have grown in this I said to my husband I think I might like this, hence on day they play text me and with my agreement they had sex, but kept texting me telling me what they were about to do ect. All I can say is that I have never been more turned on in my whole life. I do not feel any more vulnerable and I am actively encouraging them to do this again. Some may think I am being naive, but I truly feel I'm not
Old 10-12-2012, 12:54 PM

we are married with a girlfriend.

Tags
marriage, marriage vs. polyamory