Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-01-2009, 11:26 PM
River's Avatar
River River is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NM, USA
Posts: 1,894
Lightbulb Poetry / Poems

Love

by Czeslaw Milosz

Love means to learn to look at yourself
The way one looks at distant things
For you are only one thing among many.
And whoever sees that way heals his heart,
Without knowing it, from various ills—
A bird and a tree say to him: Friend.

Then he wants to use himself and things
So that they stand in the glow of ripeness.
It doesn’t matter whether he knows what he serves:
Who serves best doesn’t always understand.
__________________
bi, partnered, available

River's Blog
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-04-2009, 10:22 PM
Rarechild's Avatar
Rarechild Rarechild is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SW Michigan
Posts: 600
Default 05/12/2004

05/12/2004
Battered and bruised, I go to pick myself up again, but the fall has not been so far this time
I am still alive this time
And logic holds court wrapped desperately about my confusion
I go to my body and soul, and question the state of things
As a spirit, I grow every day in the smallest gestures
My body is safe, my body is well
And I am able to transition for my betterment
Of course I feel the human pain, alone and buzzed after throwing my weight around and exiting a situation in which I would deal with another body
Close, probing somehow
Requiring personal information and commitment, if only an idea
To the future
My salve of isolation becomes a burden as years eclipse one another
And there is one more coffeehouse, and one more bar
one more legion of souls
Bent and screaming
For my evolution
and the answer
-R. McCartney
__________________
"Rocks will open and make a way for the lover."
~Hazrat Inayat Khan


I love Catfish and Charlie.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-14-2009, 12:31 AM
greenearthal's Avatar
greenearthal greenearthal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 208
Default

Song lyrics I wrote, also works as a stream of consciousness poem

Lovestream
by My Rap Name is Alex

I like sand castle palaces, flaming chalices, birds, bees, butterflies, trees, music, families, tribes, lovers, listeners, vibes, action, relaxation, rejuvination, sensations, patience, love communications, sun rays, moon beams, the abundance of green, the beauty the light brings, the beauty the night brings, s'just a couple of my favorite things, oh.  And the sound of the scratch of the guitar strings

I like smiles on baby faces, fun new places, rejecting rat races, cats (in most cases), embraces: filled with sincerity, clarity, certain connotations of charity sudden opportunity: helpin a stranger, courage in the face of danger, an outlet for your anger. Like grabbin a mic; like doin it right. I like birdsong at first light and love at first sight, your sexy summer walk, fall days with street chalk, warmin up winter with passion & pillow talk, kissin your cold nose, peelin off wet clothes, anything I'm doin with you I suppose, a rip roaring fire it grows from an ember, see, your smile's eternally etched in my memory

I like love, trust, truth, lust, lickin lips lined with nerve endings, ending pretending, startin time spending, sending telepathic care, learning to share, showing up, being there, YEAH!, clean air, raging waters, sons, daughters, failing, trying harder, havin a good attitude, at any lattitude, My Rap Name is Alex, Peace, Love, Gratitude!



Here's a link to me performing it live if anyone's interested
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3T71o8WGUE
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-18-2009, 09:38 PM
NIMchimpsky NIMchimpsky is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: U.S.
Posts: 32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenearthal View Post
Song lyrics I wrote, also works as a stream of consciousness poem

Lovestream
by My Rap Name is Alex

I like sand castle palaces, flaming chalices, birds, bees, butterflies, trees, music, families, tribes, lovers, listeners, vibes, action, relaxation, rejuvination, sensations, patience, love communications, sun rays, moon beams, the abundance of green, the beauty the light brings, the beauty the night brings, s'just a couple of my favorite things, oh.  And the sound of the scratch of the guitar strings

I like smiles on baby faces, fun new places, rejecting rat races, cats (in most cases), embraces: filled with sincerity, clarity, certain connotations of charity sudden opportunity: helpin a stranger, courage in the face of danger, an outlet for your anger. Like grabbin a mic; like doin it right. I like birdsong at first light and love at first sight, your sexy summer walk, fall days with street chalk, warmin up winter with passion & pillow talk, kissin your cold nose, peelin off wet clothes, anything I'm doin with you I suppose, a rip roaring fire it grows from an ember, see, your smile's eternally etched in my memory

I like love, trust, truth, lust, lickin lips lined with nerve endings, ending pretending, startin time spending, sending telepathic care, learning to share, showing up, being there, YEAH!, clean air, raging waters, sons, daughters, failing, trying harder, havin a good attitude, at any lattitude, My Rap Name is Alex, Peace, Love, Gratitude!



Here's a link to me performing it live if anyone's interested
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3T71o8WGUE
Love your rap lyrics. I can really hear the beat in your lyrics just by reading them.

nim
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-18-2009, 09:42 PM
NIMchimpsky NIMchimpsky is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: U.S.
Posts: 32
Default

Song lyrics that I wrote a while ago:

One criminal pays the bail
While another stays in jail
To be rich is to have the law waived
To be poor is to be enslaved
Bound by money -- None of us is free

What world is this we live in
Where wealth and happiness are synonymous
Where being famous beats being anonymous
Where robbery alongside rape is a sin
Bound by money -- None of us is free

Century after century
The same old philosophy

Every government disintegrates to oligarchy
The masses are controlled by a rich minority
Bound by money -- None of us is free

nim
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-18-2009, 11:21 PM
greenearthal's Avatar
greenearthal greenearthal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 208
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIMchimpsky View Post
Love your rap lyrics. I can really hear the beat in your lyrics just by reading them.
nim
Thanks! When you click on the link do they sound like you imagined them?

Your lyrics are FANTASTIC!
__________________
me n the band, singin our song
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-19-2009, 12:59 AM
NIMchimpsky NIMchimpsky is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: U.S.
Posts: 32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenearthal View Post
Thanks! When you click on the link do they sound like you imagined them?

Your lyrics are FANTASTIC!
I have no idea because I'm deaf.

Thanks for the compliment.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-16-2010, 01:23 AM
macrylinda macrylinda is offline
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIMchimpsky View Post
Love your rap lyrics. I can really hear the beat in your lyrics just by reading them.

nim
Song lyrics that I wrote a while ago:

One criminal pays the bail
While another stays in jail
To be rich is to have the law waived
To be poor is to be enslaved
Bound by money -- None of us is free

What world is this we live in
Where wealth and happiness are synonymous
Where being famous beats being anonymous
Where robbery alongside rape is a sin
Bound by money -- None of us is free

Century after century
The same old philosophy

Every government disintegrates to oligarchy
The masses are controlled by a rich minority
Bound by money -- None of us is free
__________________
watch free movies online
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-16-2010, 01:34 AM
Athena Athena is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: East Coast
Posts: 167
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenearthal View Post
Song lyrics I wrote, also works as a stream of consciousness poem

Lovestream
by My Rap Name is Alex

I like sand castle palaces, flaming chalices, birds, bees, butterflies, trees, music, families, tribes, lovers, listeners, vibes, action, relaxation, rejuvination, sensations, patience, love communications, sun rays, moon beams, the abundance of green, the beauty the light brings, the beauty the night brings, s'just a couple of my favorite things, oh.  And the sound of the scratch of the guitar strings

I like smiles on baby faces, fun new places, rejecting rat races, cats (in most cases), embraces: filled with sincerity, clarity, certain connotations of charity sudden opportunity: helpin a stranger, courage in the face of danger, an outlet for your anger. Like grabbin a mic; like doin it right. I like birdsong at first light and love at first sight, your sexy summer walk, fall days with street chalk, warmin up winter with passion & pillow talk, kissin your cold nose, peelin off wet clothes, anything I'm doin with you I suppose, a rip roaring fire it grows from an ember, see, your smile's eternally etched in my memory

I like love, trust, truth, lust, lickin lips lined with nerve endings, ending pretending, startin time spending, sending telepathic care, learning to share, showing up, being there, YEAH!, clean air, raging waters, sons, daughters, failing, trying harder, havin a good attitude, at any lattitude, My Rap Name is Alex, Peace, Love, Gratitude!



Here's a link to me performing it live if anyone's interested
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3T71o8WGUE
Hi,

loved your rap poem, its rhythm and rhyme are so good that you can read it off right the first time!, not to mention all the beautiful imagery
Hope your musical career takes off really well!
I seem to come across so many talented artists and I often wonder why they are not the stars that some other people have become with (what seems to me) not as much originality and talent!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-30-2009, 09:44 PM
Erosa's Avatar
Erosa Erosa is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Earth
Posts: 138
Default [Poem] Soft Touches

Soft moments,
Soft wonder,
Soft pressing at your mind.

Do you ever wonder if I'm real,
Ever think of if I'm yours?

Soft whispers,
Soft answers,
Soft knocking at your heart.

Do you still believe in my love,
Like I believe in yours?

Soft motions,
Soft touches,
Soft tickles of the hand.

Do you feel my understanding,
In the stroking that I lay?

Soft kisses,
Soft touches,
Softness stay with me.

Do the thing that come to you,
Natural or vain.

Soft echos,
Soft touchs,
Soft moments you recall.

Do you still recall that second,
That joy the way I do?
__________________
With all my heart I will love and not fail,
With all my soul I will fly and not fall.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:26 PM.