Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 03-23-2014, 03:23 PM

Talking Michigan Couple Here!!

Hello everyone!

My name is Malissa and I am 31. My husbands name is Oscar and he is 32. We live in Michigan with our children. We have been together for 11 years (married for 3). I am bisexual and he is straight. We have been interested in entering into a polyamorous relationship for a long time now. We love each other very, very much and want to share our love with another woman.

A little about our appearance......

I am multiracial (Black, Mexican, Native American, French) and he is Mexican. I am a full figured woman and try to keep it sexy. He is in great shape. We both have dark hair and deep brown eyes. We both have full, kissable lips and warm, sexy smiles.

We are both drug and disease free. He is a smoker, I am smoke free for a little over a year. We are both social drinkers. I am a stay at home mom and he works in retail.

Thank you for taking the time to read our little introduction. We look forward to hopefully connecting with and learning from many of you!!

Last edited by malosc; 03-23-2014 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Didn't want to come off as "Unicorn Hunters"
Old 03-23-2014, 03:32 PM

If you're here to find a "third," a "woman to share" who has to like your kids, but not let them know she's your sex partner, who won't be introduced to your friends and family (be "discreet"), who must be equally in lust with both of you, you are unicorn hunters.

Please read this article about the hazards of unicorn hunting:

http://davidlnoble.livejournal.com/176039.html
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37
Old 03-24-2014, 02:44 AM

Welcome! Definitely take a look around, do a tag search for 'triads', 'unicorns' and all of that. If you want to meet up with more poly people there is a yahoo group for Michigan poly. They have monthly meetings, lunches, game groups, and informational things. Mostly down south near Detroit and Plymouth but we've made it a couple of times to a game night and had fun!

You will get a lot of eye rolling with the idea of 'adding' someone to your relationship and I really urge you to give it some thought. My husband and I have been together more than 20 years, married 19, are in our late 30s and it's just never occurred to us to 'add' someone to our lives. Our relationship is ours. Now the one I have with my boyfriend is ours as well! When you date, you kind of want to get to know the PERSON you are dating so one on one typically works best.
Old 03-24-2014, 03:16 AM

Thank you Vixtoria! I guess the interest is mostly in finding a girlfriend for myself. My husband doesn't demand that he be involved in the relationship, but I'd wanted to put that possibility on the table from the start. Shows how new to this I really am I understand dating on my own, a bit of advice I really appreciate! Anyhow, thank for the warm and informative greeting!

P.S. Know of anything closer towards West Michigan??
Old 03-24-2014, 03:43 AM

You would have to join the group and ask how many people are in your area. I know it's around a 2 hour drive for us to get down to Detroit and they have told people if you want a meeting in your area, start one! Just keep at it till more people show up! There are people on the list from all over, so you can still get some feedback, I just know the main meetings are done there
Old 03-24-2014, 04:00 AM

Okay, I'll look into it. Thanks so much!

Tags
couple, michigan, triad, unicorn hunters