Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Dating & Friendships > North America

Notices

Old 01-22-2014, 07:14 AM

Default NYC Area Peeps

I live within about an hour's train ride to Penn station on the LIRR. I was wondering if there was someone in the NYC area that I might be able to meet with to hang out, grab a coffee and converse about the poly lifestyle. I will admit I have had exposure to some poly people in my life, but those relationships were either between people who I find detestable, or they were poor examples of a poly relationship. Pretty much looking for a friend that I can pick their brain, and help me to draw my own conclusions about the poly lifestyle.
Old 01-23-2014, 01:21 AM

Well, I live in NYC, but I could only tell you about my lifestyle, no one else's. There actually isn't any such thing as "the poly lifestyle."

"Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me." ~Bryan Ferry
"Love and the self are one . . ." ~Leo Buscaglia "
Old 01-23-2014, 01:35 AM

I can dig it. Everyones story will be different, but yet our journies have all lead us here.

It would just be nice to have a friend irl that I would be able to talk to about this.

I mean I have 3 friends that I trust won't judge me negatively about this, and only one has been in a poly relationship that failed epically. It would be nice to be able to speak to someone who has a "successful" poly relationship to chat with.
Old 01-24-2014, 04:04 AM

Smile Bonjour

Hey! I live in around Stony Brook. I have been with my partner for almost nine years. I'm into Gothic literature, all kinds of music (but I favor punk and darkwave), old school nintendo, black coffee, hard liquor and many other kinds of insanity. My partner is really cool - He is extremely intelligent, sensitive and open-minded. (Don't worry - I am definitely not trying to solicit you for a threesome request or anything like that. Just wanted to make it clear.) He is more straight-laced than me but we complement each other very well.

I identify as a relationship anarchist and others tell me that I give excellent guidance in relation to polyamory and general relationship stuff.