Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 10-13-2013, 03:59 AM

Default New to the Poly Lifestyle

Well, as the title says, I am new to the poly lifestyle.

Me and my wife have spoken at length for some time about exploring the poly lifestyle as she still had strong feelings for one of her Exes. And I have several friends who are Poly, so that is how we were introduced to it.

Any way, at this point y'all are expecting me to announce that we are looking for a unicorn. But we are not. I am looking for a female partner. And she is looking for a male.

Anywho I'm here to learn more about the poly lifestyle, and all the differences it entails. I know at this point that no two poly relationships are the same. And I look forward to expanding my relationship. I've always kinda felt a little off with being monogamous.

Cheers
Old 10-13-2013, 09:31 PM
Official Greeter

Hello Rheiga,
Welcome to our forum.

Sounds like you have a good start of poly knowledge just entering into the picture. You can get more basics from our Golden Nuggets board, if you're interested.

Polyamory often feels more natural than monogamy to people when they first hear about it. It isn't "well known" in our society yet, so often people don't realize that it's an option.

I hope you'll enjoy our website and get answers to your questions, etc. ... Have a look around and see what threads call to you.

With respects and warm regards,
Kevin T.
Old 10-13-2013, 09:50 PM

Thanks Kevin. I've been poking around the forums a bit and expanding my knowledge more. I look forward to ,meeting more people who enjoy this lifestyle and learning more. And of course meeting another special someone to spend time with.
Old 10-14-2013, 12:00 AM

Location: English Rose by birth; Calling the Southern Hemi home by choice.

Welcome to the forum. I do hope you and your wife find it useful.

There is plethora of helpful advice from seasoned and newbies alike. Feel free to look around, ask questions on threads, or post questions if you have them. Also, do a search for anything you might be curious about. Many times, some topics have been discussed in great detail, and the older threads may contain bits of wisdom and insight that still apply today. Here is to a successful journey for both of you.

Ry

My Blog
Old 10-14-2013, 04:33 AM
Official Greeter

Hey Rheiga,

Check out our Dating & Friendships subforum too, you might find that special someone there.
Old 10-14-2013, 07:22 AM

Hi and welcome! Keep reading. You will find many people's stories here, which hopefully will give you a picture of all the many possibilities. See, there is no such thing as "The Poly Lifestyle." Polyamory is just an approach to relating that allows for having more than one loving relationship without hiding, sneaking around, or cheating. That's all. There is not one kind of lifestyle that could possibly represent what polyamory is - you simply find a way to incorporate poly into your own lifestyle, or create a new way of living that makes it work for you. But there is no lifestyle to adopt, and many, many ways to live polyamorously. If this type of ethical non-monogamy is something you want or feel compelled to practice in your life, you will find a way to make it work!

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein