Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 01-17-2011, 07:22 PM

Default meyesekrit

Hello all,

I've been reading this forum for several months and recommended it to my husband (LostSailor). Never thought to do the "Introduction" step until he did.

We've been married 22 years (don't bother comparing count to his :-) and together for 25. Done the kids, suburban life, mortgage, etc thing and a few years ago felt like we were in a stable place and would consider an open marriage. However, I quickly found Just Sex really didn't do it for me.

In stumbling around the net, I found references to poly and began searching. It resonates with me....although I can't say I realized it was missing from my life.

I have been dating E for about 6 months and all seems to be going surprisingly well. Until just recently.....

LostSailor believes himself to be very mono......but seemed very much ok with my poly relationship. His work life has been INCREDIBLY stressful (I would say even traumatic) the last few months - and he's found himself in the midst of jealousy - if not panic attacks.

We're trying to support each other.....I've recommended he read as much as he can find on this site as it seems SOOOO HELPFUL to me. Even though I identify as poly, reading the mono perspectives has helped me understand his possible feellings tremendously.

We don't expect it to all be easy We are not "out" yet....although we are intending the current OSO to be a long term relationship....so I imagine that will be a bridge to cross eventually. We're just trying to lay a really good foundation and not rush into drastic changes given the NRE.

THANK YOU ALL FOR THIS FORUM. It truly is a wonderful resource for those of us new to the lifestyle.

Cheers,
Old 01-18-2011, 02:27 AM

Welcome to the Forum.

-Imaginary Illusion

How did I get here & Where am I going?