Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Spirituality & Polyamory

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-15-2011, 08:47 AM
Laylah Laylah is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: alabama
Posts: 51
Default 3 becomming one

hi everyone... hope you all are doing well.
and I hope everyone here finds what they seek. I would like to address (if it hadnt been already) The concept of 3.
Some believe that 3 is a very powerful number... and the diratives of 3. Personally we have yet to find the right fit so to speak hence why im here.
Alot of pagan beleifs center on there being more than one wife or husband in the household. And if done correctly.... a kind of peace and tranquility can abide. Hence the power of 3. harmony.. oh thats not to say there isnt issues that need to be addressed. But all in all I honestly believe that 3 is the way to go. I often am asked to show the old ways of living... herbalism.. the connection to the world so to speak. And I do. For those that come and are willing to learn it and be open to such things. And I do beleive that everything happens in 3's. Being in alabama though.. is alittle bit difficult for matters such as this.
3 is the cone of power as someone once told me.. and I didnt think much on it at the time. I was just doing what I always did live and such. Until I noticed things in nature often happen in 3's or dirivitaves (sp?)
its very possible for the person entering into the family to bring a diffrent perspective on things.. which is good. And to want to be a part of the family life. To tell the truth.. I hope everyone here gets to experience such a gift. To enter into a family thats commited to eachother.. in this day and time I feel is whats needed to help one another. and to live life to its fullest.. even with the most mundane things... theres magick in it all. All one has to do is open up and take in what Creator has given. But also when in the "cone of 3" so to speak... respect and honor is given.

So I suppose what im saying.. is has anyone else thought on the poly lifestyle(I do so wish I could think of a better term lol) As a very highly spiritual cone of 3.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-15-2011, 09:00 AM
FlameKat's Avatar
FlameKat FlameKat is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: :P Cautiously looking around this new world that seems to fit...
Posts: 311
Default

LOL

roundabout post there but yes - I follow pagan beliefs and feel my partner I and our currently absent friend are anam cara - the way I explained it to them was that our soul had been split into three rather than two...

I also follow the beliefs surrounding the power of three, but hesitate in bringing that into relationship dynamics...

Although... hmmm i have three kids, when my partner and i move in together there will be 6 of us - 3 male 3 female...

right now we are entering yr 3 of our battle to be together (and likely the final year of the battle)

if we were to bring our friend into our union - it would be 3 adults, 4 children, making 7 - another powerful number...

although we may possibly add to the children... up to a possible total of 9 (6 children) which would be ultra powerful being 3 cubed

having said all that - I do try not to bring my beliefs into my relationships, although they will always be a factor, being a part of me... my (spiritual) beliefs do not decide my actions - I allow decisions to be made to the best advantage of everyone involved, then smile and be happy if they match up with my beliefs.
__________________
Smile! It makes people wonder what you've been up to

Engaged to my sweetheart, WaterWolf

my blog (non-poly) Pearls & Pixiedust


Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-15-2011, 11:57 AM
NeonKaos NeonKaos is offline
Custodian
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: new england
Posts: 3,221
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameKat View Post

although we may possibly add to the children... up to a possible total of 9 (6 children) which would be ultra powerful being 3 cubed
Check your math!

9 is 3 squared (3 x 3 = 9)

27 is 3 cubed (3 x 3 x 3 = 27)

My husband and i got married on March 3, 2003.

Having said all that, I think people are far too pre-occupied with triads, when it comes to polyamory.

Last edited by NeonKaos; 01-15-2011 at 01:38 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-15-2011, 01:33 PM
Jodi's Avatar
Jodi Jodi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 121
Default

i can agree and you phrased it very well. my triangle is such a gift. a few kinks but well worth the experience and the love involved w/ eachothers children is very much worth it.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-15-2011, 06:42 PM
FlameKat's Avatar
FlameKat FlameKat is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: :P Cautiously looking around this new world that seems to fit...
Posts: 311
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonKaos View Post
Check your math!

9 is 3 squared (3 x 3 = 9)

27 is 3 cubed (3 x 3 x 3 = 27)

My husband and i got married on March 3, 2003.

Having said all that, I think people are far too pre-occupied with triads, when it comes to polyamory.
LOL - wow my maths is out... however i was looking at it from another perspective and used the wrong terminology as shorthand...

the perspective i was using... was three groups of three... in the sense i was thinking... primary group of three focusing their energy being 'channelled' by a secondary group of three in which each individual is 'channeling' the primary group energy of three (the energy response would = 9), with a third group of three 'channeling' through that group (energy response = 27 or 3 cubed)

i don't particularly like the words used here to describe the concepts but they work.

having said that - i don't have an interest in such ritualistic things anymore and much prefer my solitary path...
__________________
Smile! It makes people wonder what you've been up to

Engaged to my sweetheart, WaterWolf

my blog (non-poly) Pearls & Pixiedust


Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-15-2011, 06:58 PM
Laylah Laylah is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: alabama
Posts: 51
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameKat View Post
LOL - wow my maths is out... however i was looking at it from another perspective and used the wrong terminology as shorthand...

the perspective i was using... was three groups of three... in the sense i was thinking... primary group of three focusing their energy being 'channelled' by a secondary group of three in which each individual is 'channeling' the primary group energy of three (the energy response would = 9), with a third group of three 'channeling' through that group (energy response = 27 or 3 cubed)

i don't particularly like the words used here to describe the concepts but they work.

having said that - i don't have an interest in such ritualistic things anymore and much prefer my solitary path...

reminds me of what my granny used to say.... the more im around people the more i like my dogs lol.

to me.. i dont know how everybody else views it.. but to me... the most mundane things are magick.. such as for instance... preparing a dinner for your family. you get in there... and pick out what you want to make... and its done with love( hunger to lol but love mostly) and you use your time and energy to make it as good as possible. And when everybody helps it makes it so much better.... I hope this makes sense.. I suppose I am saying just good old fashioned down to earth family living is the most powerful magick there is.. no ritual involved... nothing like that. just keep it simple which works for me. And whether a family is poly or not... that dont matter... it all works the same. If the family unit is as it should be that is.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-15-2011, 07:02 PM
FlameKat's Avatar
FlameKat FlameKat is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: :P Cautiously looking around this new world that seems to fit...
Posts: 311
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laylah View Post
reminds me of what my granny used to say.... the more im around people the more i like my dogs lol.

to me.. i dont know how everybody else views it.. but to me... the most mundane things are magick.. such as for instance... preparing a dinner for your family. you get in there... and pick out what you want to make... and its done with love( hunger to lol but love mostly) and you use your time and energy to make it as good as possible. And when everybody helps it makes it so much better.... I hope this makes sense.. I suppose I am saying just good old fashioned down to earth family living is the most powerful magick there is.. no ritual involved... nothing like that. just keep it simple which works for me. And whether a family is poly or not... that dont matter... it all works the same. If the family unit is as it should be that is.
This is precisely what I have found... for myself...

Positive energy is the bomb when it comes to clearing spaces and healing hearts... a happy family and home provides so much of that I find rituals to be unecessary and somewhat fake... although they do have their uses...
__________________
Smile! It makes people wonder what you've been up to

Engaged to my sweetheart, WaterWolf

my blog (non-poly) Pearls & Pixiedust


Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-15-2011, 06:50 PM
Laylah Laylah is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: alabama
Posts: 51
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameKat View Post
LOL

roundabout post there but yes - I follow pagan beliefs and feel my partner I and our currently absent friend are anam cara - the way I explained it to them was that our soul had been split into three rather than two...

I also follow the beliefs surrounding the power of three, but hesitate in bringing that into relationship dynamics...

Although... hmmm i have three kids, when my partner and i move in together there will be 6 of us - 3 male 3 female...

right now we are entering yr 3 of our battle to be together (and likely the final year of the battle)

if we were to bring our friend into our union - it would be 3 adults, 4 children, making 7 - another powerful number...

although we may possibly add to the children... up to a possible total of 9 (6 children) which would be ultra powerful being 3 cubed

having said all that - I do try not to bring my beliefs into my relationships, although they will always be a factor, being a part of me... my (spiritual) beliefs do not decide my actions - I allow decisions to be made to the best advantage of everyone involved, then smile and be happy if they match up with my beliefs.
well im not saying its a MUST for a person to believe the way I do... and its good in my opinion to have diffrent ways of looking at things such as that. Because sometimes when your in the middle of something... its good to see how someone else views the situation. I dunno 3 just always was a nice fit for us. Some folks want more... but more than that... to me becomes well difficult... because ive heard of folks feeling left out.. jealous and the whole bit. But Hey if people can manage more than 3 coolness. And I think kids in such a relationship is a wonderful thing.. they learn how to learn to love other people as they do themselves. Not to say there wont be squabbles,. thats kids for ya... but in the end... they start to view the other children as just a part of the gang so to speak.

lots of native american cultures had many spouses. To me the way that was done had not only spiritual connections but also practical ones as well. Not just native american cultures... but cultures all over the world. I know the original post was kind of strung out... but i had a case of insomnia.. and was writing it at around 2 am lol. I do so hope that it didnt sound TO screwy lol.

anyhoo.. its so nice to meet all of you.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-15-2011, 03:48 PM
GroundedSpirit GroundedSpirit is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New England USA
Posts: 1,231
Default

I think you are absolutely correct.

The number 3 has always had special significance in nature so I don't find it unnatural that people are frequently drawn in that direction. Such is the power of the number and the power of nature.

It's also been our experience that (maybe because of this?) it also seems to confer many 'practical' advantages. We've learned through experience - experiencing a variety of different number combinations - that 3 really does seem to be optimum for all involved. More than that starts to get unbalanced and more difficult to flow naturally.

Hope you find the missing side to experience.

GS
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:58 PM.