Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 01-12-2011, 05:30 AM

Default Crazy lil thing called love....my intro

I am 31 going on 32 tomorrow. I am married to my husband of going on 2 years. We are just beginning to open our marriage up after ALOT of talking about it. He was VERY timid about the idea at first because he is 24 years old and hasnt had alot of exposure to alternative means of relating and loving so to speak. He now understands where I am coming from and why this style is SOOO important and comfortable to me.

I have a 13 year old boy and 10 year old girl from previous relationships and together we have a 7 month old little girl. We have a puppy, older cat and new kitten as well as a pet rat.

He has no previous experience, but I have some experience in dabbling with alternative relationship styles. An ex of mine and I were swingers together and I found that it didnt work for me. When I was with this ex, I was trying to make something work with him and another guy but it just couldnt happen. I didnt like the cold and impersonal feel of swinging. Being poly isnt about sex for me. Its about the want and NEED to give and receive love. Sex might be a part of it but its not the focus.

As for some of the generals, I love reading, writing, dancing, taking pictures and modeling for them, chatting online and learning about my new found pagan faith.

Some personal stuff...I am bi-curious and probably always have been. I think the primary reason I am not fully bisexual is my lack of experience and lack of pursuing it. I AM POLY and probably always have been. I have spent so much time trying to figure out what was WRONG with me regarding the previous 2 items. I now know there is NOTHING wrong with me, only how the world VIEWS me.

The last cpl years have been VERY revealing for me. I have learned so much in the realms of love and all that comes with it. Coming to the conclusion of being FULLY poly is the culmination of all that soul searching, crying, accepting, reading, learning, etc.

I am VERY happy to be here and cant wait to make some friends that know where I am coming from.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:10 PM

Default welcome

I can identify with much in your post. Welcome to the boards and I hope you are fortified by sharing with us. Oh, and happy birthday.
-R

I love Catfish and Charlie.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:15 PM

i wonder if a lot of poly people have many pets?. myself and intriguing have a lot of little critters running around. welcome to the forum and may your journey be sweet, sultry, and safe.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:50 PM

Default thanks for the welcome

Thank you so much rarechild and illusion....It is nice to have a welcome and also to know people that understand where I am coming from. I really do hope to find some friends here that are of similar mind. I have to say I would bet that MANY poly people have alot of critters around. Loving MANY doesnt have to be ONLY in human form I wouldnt think lol. I dont discriminate lol. I love my fur babies as much as I love my husband and kids or at least PRETTY CLOSE lol.
Old 01-16-2011, 02:03 AM

Default Hello and welcome

First of all Happy belated birthday .
I can certainly relate myself and illusion as he has mentioned have a zoo. We have 5 ferrets, and 3 cats. Our gf has 2 cats as well. Since she spends so much time here with us and basically only goes home to feed and spend time with her cats we have suggested that she bring them here for a trial weekend to see how things go. Her cats don't have claws are do so there may be conflict there. Her cats have never been exposed to ferrets either so she is quite concerned. However with introducing any new pet there will always be the original assessing of dominance and if we are here to keep an eye on things it should be fine. I believe that most people in the poly lifestyle have pets because we all have the ability to give so much love as most pet owners do.