Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 07-17-2009, 02:44 PM

Default New to this... confused

Hi all - I'm going to sort of dump a bunch of info on you here, so apologies in advance.

Anyway, my wife considered herself bi-curious for years until we went to a strip club and a generous stripper showed her a very good time (they have nude private dances in a back room).

So, now fully bisexual, we began negotiating about various tryst possibilities and I realized that I was interested, too. We were married young and I'd been very shy with women in my high school days so my wife was the only woman I'd done anything sexual with my whole life, which is something that had always nagged at me a little even though I tried not to think about it.

We've sort of adventured a little since then - discovered a big mutual crush in one case, got asked out (we think, though it's a little confusing) by a bi-sexual girl, and have generally been trying to get our heads together.

Now my wife has all sorts of bisexual support forums to post on... but I'm not bisexual... I'm just supportive of her and liking the idea of a girlfriend.

Does that make me poly? I thought maybe that did but I'm not sure.

Any thoughts and/or helpful advice would be appreciated...
Old 07-17-2009, 03:27 PM
Custodian

I guess it does "make" you poly, by definition, as long as you're looking for "more than just sex". And congratulations on being pursued as a couple by the proverbial "Unicorn". This is the first time I ever heard a story about that happening (on this forum, anyway).
Old 07-17-2009, 05:43 PM

I agree with what Ygirl said. If you're wanting to form a new love besides what you have with your wife than, yes, sounds as if poly could be a word to describe that.

Interested to hear how your maybe-date goes! I'm also in a couple that is wanting to form a triad ... bisexual woman, hetero man, wanting to add a mutual girlfriend... that elusive "unicorn" although from the intense mockery and scorn I've seen around the community on the topic I'm a little scared to admit it! Too bad I'm already in a couple; if I were single I guess I would be a unicorn myself because I view the triad as such a strong functioning family unit. I don't want to have children and the idea of having both a husband and a wife is so appealing...

Anyway! If what you are here to seek is support than you certainly have it!
Old 07-17-2009, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalthea View Post
I agree with what Ygirl said. If you're wanting to form a new love besides what you have with your wife than, yes, sounds as if poly could be a word to describe that.

Interested to hear how your maybe-date goes! I'm also in a couple that is wanting to form a triad ... bisexual woman, hetero man, wanting to add a mutual girlfriend... that elusive "unicorn" although from the intense mockery and scorn I've seen around the community on the topic I'm a little scared to admit it! Too bad I'm already in a couple; if I were single I guess I would be a unicorn myself because I view the triad as such a strong functioning family unit. I don't want to have children and the idea of having both a husband and a wife is so appealing...

Anyway! If what you are here to seek is support than you certainly have it!
indeed~

I hope you come back to update, would be great to hear about
Old 07-18-2009, 02:54 AM

You liking the idea of her having a girlfriend sounds poly to me. If you are more interested in her having a sexual partner, that would put you more on the swinging side of the scale. I wish you luck.
Old 07-18-2009, 04:17 AM

Thanks al! I feel better with a title, I guess. I was thinking 'poly' meant lots of partners or something like that.

Hah, not too sure on the 'unicorn' thing. We had a nice conversation and she dropped that she was bisexual and said we should hang out next time we were in Vegas and asked us if we were into threesomes. (not all at once). It was a sudden jump from 'I might like girls' sixty days ago but I'm not sure if it's our future girlfriend or not (though it would be quite cool).

Tags
second partner, third partner, unicorn, unicorn hunting