Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 07-10-2009, 09:56 PM

Default Confused.

Hello all,
Well as i'm sure you all can tell, this is my first time on. I have a bit of a complicated story, and needing a bit of advice.

I am 23 and married to a wonderful guy, (A) who happens to be a year younger than me, but also the father of my 2 boys. We have been together for 5 years now, and after the first one, we started an open relationship, mainly because I was pregnant and not very sexual, and as he was 18 at the time... it wasnt exactly the best plan for him to not get any.. lol.

Now, i'm fine with A having the open, but I cant seem to get the mentality of it, as I am of the poly mindset, and have talked to him about this. We have discussed my being poly for over a year with him still not getting where i'm comming from. Sex is great don't get me wrong, but I need more than that, i need the connection, mentally, emotionally, and physically.

So, I finally met someone, who knows about our open, someone who is wonderful, amaizing, and that I am falling in love with (D). And it just so happens that I have finally made (A) see where I am comming from, and he says that its ok for me to be with D. Now D is ok with our open relationship, and tells me that he wants more than just the physical (no we have not been together physically) but I have not told him yet about my being poly and am afraid to as I dont know how he will take that, and since he would be my first secondary relationship (I hate that terminology) I dont really know how to bring the topic up. And I have not used the open relationship in any way, so I really dont know how A will take me being with another guy in an emotional way, as well as physical.

Thanks for reading this far, I know its alot to take in, and any advice would be a great help.
Rhonda

Last edited by mythicalmagick; 07-10-2009 at 09:59 PM.
Old 07-10-2009, 10:30 PM

Welcome to the board. I'm rather new here, but I'm sure some of the more experienced members will have some great advice for you. I personally would just sit down w/ him and talk. He already seems open to "sharing" you, so you're already a step in the right direction. Good luck!
Old 07-11-2009, 02:09 AM

Thanks hun. I really hope your right, I am planning on talking to him, I just need a bit more time, A just decided 2 nights ago that it would be ok, so I'm still trying to wrap my mind around the fact that he listened to me. lol.
Old 07-11-2009, 02:27 AM

It's always scary to reveal yourself and and hope your spouse or new love can understand......you must move forward though if you truly want to give this poly life a go. Talk, talk and talk with him and your husband. You might be surprised at the lengths people will go to for a strong loving relationship, even if it is a little unconventional!
Old 07-12-2009, 03:51 AM

Ok, so I talked to him, aaaand he freaked out, lol. There is just no easier way to explain it. He was ok with it being just physical, though we hadnt done anything and have been hanging out as friends for months, with him telling me he wanted more, but as soon as I told him about A's and my relationship, he flips. I mean, its not like our relationship is going to change, it just means that its out in the open, if anything ever did. But you know, if he could act like that over information, then he isnt the man i thought he was and better to find that out now, than later, right?

Now, to all the good men on here, I want to let you know, this comment is not ment for you, this is to the men that are not on here, who thinks its ok to play with womens hearts.

Men suck, and they need to all be taught how to behave and talk to a lady. I dont care what you think of me, but dont ever call me a w**** and a B**** just because you dont like what I have to say.

Ok, now that my ranting is done, i'm off for some icecream and a chick flick with some gfs. Thanks everyone, and have a great night!!
Old 07-12-2009, 11:22 AM

I'm sorry he took the information so poorly and reacted as he did. You deserve so much better than that.