Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Spirituality & Polyamory

Notices

Old 05-29-2013, 03:11 AM

Default Pantheism as an Introduction

So a few events in my life have lead me to live with a 'Pantheist' philosophy and i guess the realization of 'oneness' with the universe and of all things made it even more clear to me that as conscious beings we shouldn't have to confine ourselves to monogamous relationships.

If you have accepted oneness and realized the illusions of the ego, there should be no reason to feel self-conscious or insecure in a relationship. You should love a/the person(s) for the time you have with them, not get caught up in thinking about the times they aren't with you, or if they may be with someone 'better' than you.

If you truly love each other it shouldn't matter what you get up to when your apart.

This is all in theory as I've never had a relationship, but I hope i'd still realize this if i did enter in to one.

Are there any other Pantheists here, or can anyone else relate to what i'm saying?
Old 05-29-2013, 04:00 PM

I identify as pan(en)theist myself, and I definitely can relate. The view that All is One, and feeling love is basically just me realizing my own oneness with the all for a while, by connecting to my local area of it, has been a strong influence on why I the mono mindset doesn't click with me anymore. When I remain open to feeling it, love literally is to be found everywhere... so why confine it to one person? Makes no sense to me.
Old 09-19-2013, 05:20 AM

I understand. I do not use many definitions to define myself other than "Human" due to stigmas, stereotypes, and putting myself in a box so to speak.
I view the universe/deity/the cosmos in a pantheistic sense. If you apply it to a relationship you can truly connect with the partner on a deeper level I believe. When you understand that you and her/him came from the same stars, are both just as much divinity as anything else, you feel like your actions and emotions are always connected for the better.
Old 08-19-2014, 03:26 PM

Bumping this because I identify with pantheistic philosophies. I do think they lend themselves very much to polyamory. Understanding that we are all just a part of the Everything allows us to see ourselves in others and others in ourselves, and to learn to express love and compassion for all the ways that It expresses Itself.

I've also noticed this helps me through breakups while at the same time making them more challenging. I understand the humanity that makes someone a bad fit for me, but it still breaks my heart that we couldn't find a way to fit in this iteration of reality. It makes it much harder to just hate and dismiss someone, but it teaches me the importance of maintaining my own health from someone who does not know how to respect my boundaries yet or brings destruction and chaos into my life, even if they do not intend to do so.
Old 08-20-2014, 01:51 AM
Official Greeter

While I was never personally inclined to believe that we are all One, I do appreciate the sentiment and I like the way that the belief empowers us to think outside the monogamous box.