Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 05-04-2013, 04:53 PM

Default De-lurking

Hello, all. I've been lurking for quite a while. I don't really know what to say... I'm 31, married, with kids. My husband and I made a go at polyamory, but it seems to have failed. And left me devastated and questioning. I don't know if I'll ever sort out my thoughts enough (or get up the guts) to post my story here, but I thought this was a good start. I guess I'm just looking for a community of people who won't say things like "Well, that's what happens when you go outside your marriage." when I tell them what happened.

So, anyhow. Hello.
Old 05-04-2013, 06:12 PM

Location: English Rose by birth; Calling the Southern Hemi home by choice.

Hello!

I am sorry your first attempt at poly was not quite what you had expected and left you reeling. Poly is challenging on so many levels. Even seasoned believers weather tough times. It may have just been the wrong time. There is no rule that says you cannot close, heal, and try it again. I do hope you gather the guts to post your story. I believe everyone here will try to help in the best way possible and provide information that may help you if you decide to try it again. It helps when people point out what you may be doing wrong, so you can avoid doing it again.

Feel free to read threads, ask questions, or check out the blogs section. I find that reading the stories of fellow polyamorous people has helped me tremendously. It helps to know that I am not alone.

I hope all is well your way!

Ry

My Blog
Old 05-04-2013, 08:50 PM
Official Greeter

Hello nakedtothebone,
Welcome to my forum.

Let me be one of the first to say, "No, it isn't the fault of polyamory." There are all kinds of reasons why a poly relationship can go south, and poly itself isn't necessarily the culprit.

I'm glad you could join us. Whenever you feel up to telling your story, do feel free to do so, but don't be rushed or anything. You're still in the recovery process, I think.

You might like our Life stories and blogs board, both for reading and for posting (when the time comes).

I hope this site will be helpful to you. (I've found it helpful.)

Regards,
Kevin T.